Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help: I need a trace of the stock 914 rear window glass
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MichiganMat
I know this is a longshot, but I need a paper outline trace of the 914 rear window so that I can make a plexiglass version of it for my racecar. I live in south San Jose if anyone in the Bay Area has some window glass free, I could come and trace it myself.

I really don't want to try to mock up the frame dimensions with individual pieces of paper in my chassis, its gonna come out looking like crap.

Open to other ideas too!
JamesM
QUOTE(MichiganMat @ Jun 24 2021, 03:30 PM) *

I know this is a longshot, but I need a paper outline trace of the 914 rear window so that I can make a plexiglass version of it for my racecar. I live in south San Jose if anyone in the Bay Area has some window glass free, I could come and trace it myself.

I really don't want to try to mock up the frame dimensions with individual pieces of paper in my chassis, its gonna come out looking like crap.

Open to other ideas too!

Just me but this seems like the easy button

https://914rubber.com/polycarbonate-rear-window-1
JamesJ
Rich at High Performance House in Redwood City has one you can trace. 650-364-6234
tygaboy
I have a couple rear windows. In Petaluma. You're welcome to come up and have a go at them. It'd be fun to meet you, too.
PM me if I can help.
MichiganMat
QUOTE(JamesM @ Jun 24 2021, 04:40 PM) *

Open to other ideas too!

Oh man, thats perfect! Thanks for the link, and the suggestion to talk to Rich at HPH. I need to get back up there to HPH, its been too long.
MichiganMat
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Jun 24 2021, 04:42 PM) *

I have a couple rear windows. In Petaluma. You're welcome to come up and have a go at them. It'd be fun to meet you, too.
PM me if I can help.

If only you were juuuusssst a little bit closer! Thanks for the offer, I'd love to drop by and talk shop with you. I have family in Novato that we occasionally see, if Im *ever* in that area I'll be sure to give you a holler!
808 WRX
I also have one you can trace in south san jose, although the easy button sounds nice.
bdstone914
QUOTE(JamesM @ Jun 24 2021, 04:40 PM) *

Open to other ideas too!

Maybe it is the picture but the angle on the sides looks way off.
930cabman
I would recommend the polycarbonate product for sure. Virtually unbreakable, not so with acrylic sheet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.