Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interesting Willow Green
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
74ravenna
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/det....php?id=2480498

No affiliation.

Cairo94507
Nice car. What the heck are the "factory paddle shifters"?
Jett
Lovely color but the low miles would dictate a different price. I suspect there are more questions besides the rare optioned paddle shifter smile.gif
914Sixer
Guessing a flipper, saw the paddle shifters too. shades.gif
GBX0073
Strange times we live in could be legit or its someone after your email or cell number So you can later be added to the dark web and suddenly the car is on a transport ship and the owner works on a offshore oil rig so send the payment western union and the car will be dropped off to you

QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jun 25 2021, 10:19 AM) *

Guessing a flipper, saw the paddle shifters too. shades.gif

mgarrison
If it had never been repainted, wouldn't the bumpers be chrome? Did they do body color bumpers from the factory...??? confused24.gif
914Sixer
Bumpers are painted body color through 1972 on base models. Chrome was extra unless you ordered the appearance package.
MCShack
Could this be the rare "peddle" shifters for the clutch, brake, and accelerator peddles?

Unless this is somehow related to the "tail-shift" transmission that would be on a '71. Same basic transmission inerds, just different (shorter) linkage setup on a "side-shift" tranny. I'm not sure what this has to do with "paddles" or "peddles" for that matter.

I was not aware that you could order seats that have "fine-wale brown corduroy inserts" in 1970-71 which are reportedly in great condition on this interesting car. The car does look to be in very good condition, but I obviously know nothing about it after reading the description. Need a lot more pictures to sell at that price point IMO.
Steve H
Interesting. I wonder what the purpose is of the shifter sitting on the tunnel between the seats.
drem914
QUOTE(Steve H @ Jun 25 2021, 02:16 PM) *

Interesting. I wonder what the purpose is of the shifter sitting on the tunnel between the seats.

Redundant German design. The 914 was historically noted for overengineering. Incase of failure there was a back up system that took over.
rdgabert
Appears to be a scam. I have contacted seller and response has scam written all over it.

Requested viewing in person and didn't hear another peep.
Badinfluence1
QUOTE(74ravenna @ Jun 25 2021, 06:12 AM) *

Tailshifter ?
MCShack
QUOTE(rdgabert @ Jun 25 2021, 06:51 PM) *

Appears to be a scam. I have contacted seller and response has scam written all over it.

Requested viewing in person and didn't hear another peep.

The ad for 1971 Porsche 914 Price: $22,000 has been deleted.

This user has been banned from the site. Please do not deal with them at this time.
flat4guy
Love the color as I have one too. Have yet to see another in the wild.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.