Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 914-6 Conversion Dedicated Autocross/Track Car (SOLD)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
TOxner
1973 Porsche 914-6 Conversion for Sale: $18500
This is a dedicated Autocross and/or Track Car
VIN # 4732910897. With the previous owner driving, this car trophied at the SCCA Solo Nationals in F Prepared about 10 years ago. I recently replaced the cylinders with biral cylinders (bored and honed to 85 MM by Memphis Motorwerks). Memphis Motorwerks also did a valve job on the heads.
Engine:
It is a 2.4 Liter built on a 7R Case. It has biral cylinders bored to 85 MM for 12.5 to 1 compression J&E pistons. The cams are Elgin Mod S. The heads have been twin plugged. The connecting rods were resized and fitted with ARP rod bolts. A late SC oil pump is fitted as are pressure fed chain tensioners. The induction system is an independent throttle body system from Clewitt Engineering as is the ECU. It is fitted with a Porsche 914-6 oil tank and front oil cooler with a thermostat. I did a compression test and obtained the following results:
Cylinder # 1 205#
Cylinder # 2 200#
Cylinder # 3 200#
Cylinder # 4 200#
Cylinder # 5 205#
Cylinder # 6 205#

Transmission
The 901transmission is a side shift box with a 904 mainshaft for maximum flexibility of ratios. It has a torque biasing limited slip differential. The ratios in the box are as follows:
First: 34:12 AA
Second: 36:15 C
Third: 31:20 I
Fourth: 27:24 W
Fifth: 24:28 X
As you can see, the box has two first gears. This was done to avoid having to use the dogleg first gear pattern in autocrossing. The car is fitted with a J West Engineering shifter.
Aftermarket stronger axles and CV joints are fitted. The clutch is 5.5 inch Quartermaster dual disk clutch with a lightweight flywheel.

Suspension
The suspension consists of JRZ double adjustable shocks valved by Greg Fordahl for this car. The front spindles have been raised on the strut body and has a bump steer kit installed. The rear trailing arms have been braced and 5 lug hubs are fitted front and rear. An adjustable 25MM front sway bar is fitted. No rear sway bar is used.
9 X15 wheels are fitted on the front with 10 X 15 on the rear. 275/35-15 Hoosier tires are fitted on both the front and the rear. An extra set of Gotti wheels (9X15 and 10X15) is included with the car. In addition, a set of 16” wheels with Hoosier Rain Tires is also included.
Body
The body has braces and strengthening panels welded into critical areas. The shell is relatively rust free. The rear quarter panels are removable with Dzus fasteners. The doors are gutted but retain the stock latches. A fuel cell is fitted in the front trunk.
roblav1
The sum $$ of the parts from this car are worth more than the asking price. Use the parts here on another chassis to build a very nice GT. I'd do it, but I just picked up another car.
porschetub
QUOTE(roblav1 @ Jun 27 2021, 02:44 AM) *

The sum $$ of the parts from this car are worth more than the asking price. Use the parts here on another chassis to build a very nice GT. I'd do it, but I just picked up another car.

agree.gif motor is worth more than the selling price after all.
TOxner
Many good parts were used in the building of this car. In addition to the ones mentioned above, it also uses the Rich Johnson Bulkhead Mount to located the engine. Back in the day, this car frequently took FTD at local and regional autocross events.

Lot of great parts. Make me an offer.

Tom
TOxner
Lowered the price to $18,500. Thanks.

Tom
GQCowboy
HP/Torque expected ?
TOxner
The car is SOLD.

Tom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.