Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Fuel Pump- Inertial Cut-Off Switch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
jim_hoyland
This switch cuts off the fuel pump ground if the switch senses an impact. The switch is reset by pressing the top of the switch.
Good way to turn off the fuel supply in the event of a crash or impact. Not an overly sensitive switch. agree.gif
mlindner
Jim, tell us more about this. Are there stats on roll over, impact etc. Interesting. Mark
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(mlindner @ Jun 26 2021, 08:24 AM) *

Jim, tell us more about this. Are there stats on roll over, impact etc. Interesting. Mark

Don’t know about that… confused24.gif
Puebloswatcop
Not sure about this particular switch since I don't know what vehicle it was designed for, but During my years I worked as a traffic accident investigator, I found these switches to be a valuable asset in stopping post crash fuel flow. Some were designed to cut off when sensing an impact of about 10 MPH and above and in a rollover the forces are such that it almost always will trip the switch.

The good thing is if the car has suffered an impact, but is still drivable, and the switch has been tripped, you simply hit the reset button and you're able to drive on. A good safety feature in most cases.
914Toy
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jun 26 2021, 08:28 AM) *

QUOTE(mlindner @ Jun 26 2021, 08:24 AM) *

Don’t know about that… confused24.gif

You have a PM.
PanelBilly
I installed one that I got from Napa. It’s easy to test by giving it a smack with a dead blow hammer when the car is running.
mb911
Put one in my car. Very happy I did.
mlindner
Ben, what model did you use. Mark
mb911
QUOTE(mlindner @ Jun 27 2021, 08:44 AM) *

Ben, what model did you use. Mark

The one from Pegasus racing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.