Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wiring question on a 74
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rosenfe
Car new to me. Cleaning up grounds, now have rear turn signals. Front signals have 2 plugs in fender well. One with three female plugs and one with 2. Light fixture has only 3 pronged male. Question is what is 2 female plug for and what wires go to male plug. ?
Puebloswatcop
QUOTE(rosenfe @ Jun 26 2021, 11:08 AM) *

Car new to me. Cleaning up grounds, now have rear turn signals. Front signals have 2 plugs in fender well. One with three female plugs and one with 2. Light fixture has only 3 pronged male. Question is what is 2 female plug for and what wires go to male plug. ?

The wire that has 3 female connectors is to the turn signal. The one with 2 plugs goes to the side light.

On the left turn signal you should have a Brown wire (ground), a black and grey (Turn signal) and Grey/black is your parking light. Then you have a brown and a grey/black wire that run to the side marker light.

On the right turn signal you should have a Brown wire (ground), a Black/green (turn signal) and a Grey/red wire ( parking light) Then a brown and a Grey/red wire to the right side light.

rosenfe
I guess side light was deleted.which male spade gets female plug?
Puebloswatcop
QUOTE(rosenfe @ Jun 26 2021, 11:46 AM) *

Are you saying there is a male spade on the wiring? haven't seen that before. I know I deleted my side lights, but also deleted the wiring for it when I rebuilt my wiring harness.
Puebloswatcop
QUOTE(rosenfe @ Jun 26 2021, 11:46 AM) *

What color is the wire to the male spade connector? I will see if I can figure out what they did.
rosenfe
No male spade is on plug. Wires have the female
rosenfe
This is the 3 pronged plug to turn signals and running lights. I just don’t know what wire goes to what plug
rosenfe
What wire to which male spade in plug
rosenfe
Maybe someone could take a picture of their plug and wires, hopefully showing wire color
rosenfe
Found diagram on jeff blowsbys site
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.