Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best Shop for Case Decking?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bkrantz
I need to get my 2.0 case decked. After building the bottom end and then checking the deck height with new cylinders, I found one register that is .005 higher than the others. And with the P&C I want to use, the deck height is about .025 too high all around.

I will need to ship my case from SW Colorado. Recommendations?
930cabman
QUOTE(bkrantz @ Jul 1 2021, 05:33 AM) *

I need to get my 2.0 case decked. After building the bottom end and then checking the deck height with new cylinders, I found one register that is .005 higher than the others. And with the P&C I want to use, the deck height is about .025 too high all around.

I will need to ship my case from SW Colorado. Recommendations?

A call to Ollies might be in order. They seem to be the guys for 2.7 cases, may also be able to serve our /4 cyl cases.
bkrantz
Thanks, crabman, er, cabman.

Any other suggestions? Anyone use Hoffman or Headflow Masters?
barefoot
I used John Slack in Olympia Wa, known in here as Jesco Reient. he did align bore, decking, and prepping threaded oil galley plugs. very good work. Last I'd heard he was quite busy.
stownsen914
I assume 2.0 type 4?

Anyone using EMW to do VW case machining?
iankarr
Len Hoffman at HAM did mine. But he doesn’t do align boring if u need it.(I used EMW for that).
euro911
QUOTE(stownsen914 @ Jul 3 2021, 05:21 AM) *
I assume 2.0 type 4?

Anyone using EMW to do VW case machining?

I do. They're practically in my back yard.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.