Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tangerine Racing Side Shift Linkage Kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Str1974
I had purchased a Tangerine Racing 914 shift linkage kit (side shifter) a while back, and am finally ready to install. I am trying to figure out exactly what is required for the install. I have the template, but wonder if I may need to make modifications such as "cutting off" part of the console and then placing the template on it in order to drill holes for new bracket. What size holes is required to be drilled and will the holes need self tapping screws? The screws included don't seem to be. Is there a step by step installation write-up for this install? I would hate to butcher my current console and make it useless if I do something wrong.

I do not have any installation instructions, only the info on their website that says "Installation is simple. One modification to the console is required which can be done in place on the car. An included marking template locates the bracket mounting holes. No welding or machining required". Anyone have the part# for the console housing in case I muck things up?Click to view attachment
mepstein
Chris at Tangerine Racing is active on world and can give you the best advice regarding his product. I've always found him helpful and easy to contact. It is a holiday weekend so he might not respond right away. @ChrisFoley
GregAmy
Send him a note for the installation instructions, they should have been included (I'm sure he has them in PDF or docx). They were in there for both of mine.

Summary: yes, you need to cut off everything that's below that oval-shaped lip, and there's a sheet metal template that he provides with the kit to determine where to drill the holes. They are through-holes, into which you use the included bolts and nuts to secure it to the modified cassette.

Wait for the instructions. I'll look around to see if I still have mine bantering about.
ChrisFoley
I'm pretty good about sending instructions for that kit, but I emailed an electronic copy this afternoon.
Happy 4th!
beerchug.gif
Str1974
QUOTE(ChrisFoley @ Jul 3 2021, 06:11 PM) *

I'm pretty good about sending instructions for that kit, but I emailed an electronic copy this afternoon.
Happy 4th!
beerchug.gif

Thanks so much to Chris. He replied to my e-mail within the hour and sent me what I needed. I must have thrown away the instructions when I opened the package.

I appreciate the quick response and help. Great customer service!
PanelBilly
I'm waiting for my kit to arrive. Thought I'd do a video of the install, but maybe you can do one and make it easier for me.....
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jul 3 2021, 08:12 PM) *

I'm waiting for my kit to arrive. Thought I'd do a video of the install, but maybe you can do one and make it easier for me.....

I received delivery notification of your shipment on Friday.
gereed75
IMHO This is absolutely the best mod that you can make to these cars to improve shifting, driveability and enjoyment.

The addition of the second bearing translates the wiggling that the shift rod does in the console and turns it into the rotation and forward aft movement that the shift arm on the trans needs to see to efficiently select gears.

Maybe that is the best term - the mechanism will now SELECT gears, not suggest gears.
VaccaRabite
Yup, its transformational.

Expect it to be TIGHT for a while. It will break in quickly and gear shifting will be very much improved.

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.