Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: C 2 C 021
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914 Ranch
I started my adventure in New Smyrna Beach and my turnaround picture was taken at the Avenues in Redondo Beach. We are living in one huge gorgeous country.
Starting point picture.

Click to view attachment
Andyrew
piratenanner.gif driving.gif
914 Ranch
At the turnaround point.

Click to view attachment

With Palos Verdes in the background this is the beach I learned to swim at.
It was a wonderful trip. I used 259.8 gallons of gas to go 7229 miles for an average of 27.8 MPG.
While on my adventure I included the Route 66 Run and took home The Best Non NARP trophy.
I got to visit my Step Mother (she calls herself Mean Ol Stepmother, MOS) and told me that if I didn't take her for a ride she would kill me.
She used to slalom an Austin Healey. So I got it on a bit and she loved the car.
My sister lives near where I was staying at my friend's house. She is fighting Cancer now and it was really nice to be able to see her and was not able to go for ride. I really wanted to take her to see our stepmother. Maybe next time.

And crown the good with brotherhood from Sea to shining Sea.
brant
Glad you made it home Joe!!
Cairo94507
I have driven coast to coast and I wish everyone would at some point. We have a beautiful country. I just wish CA would clean up the highways and graffiti-it's an embarrassment when compared to the rest of the USA. beerchug.gif
914 Ranch
Thank you Brant. It was really nice to see all of you people at the run.
VegasRacer
Yeah Buddy. driving.gif It was so fuching good to see you at Route 66. grouphug.gif

Click to view attachment

BTW: That is one sexy ass car. smile.gif

Steve
Joe,
Thanks for dropping by at Cars & Coffee last Saturday!! Nice to see you again. Love the car!! Awesome car to do a coast to coast drive in!!
914Sixer
Yes, it is a great country. Seeing family and country is a wonderful thing these days. smilie_pokal.gif driving.gif
Warren914
I have similar photos from a Canadian perspective. Victoria, BC and St.John's, NL.

Didn't keep the wife but still have the car. smile.gif

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
roblav1
Coast to coast is a really cool ride. For me, 1979 928 one way and 1967 911 coupe return trip. Glad you enjoyed yours.
infraredcalvin
Awesome, thanks for sharing! Love to see owners of nice cars out and using them the way there supposed to be used!
euro911
Glad to hear you had a safe trip out and back, Joe driving.gif Funny how a lot of us have decided to acquire newer-tech water-pumping P-cars these days, and you have the cream of the crop there drooley.gif

I'd love to do a coast-to-coast run before I croak, or even another Route-66 Run - just have too many unexpected obstacles at this space in time dry.gif

Wished I had know you'd be visiting in my neck of the woods in CA before heading back home ... I won't be heading back to AZ until the temperatures cool down a bit shades.gif
Jamie
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jul 6 2021, 07:35 AM) *

I have driven coast to coast and I wish everyone would at some point. We have a beautiful country. I just wish CA would clean up the highways and graffiti-it's an embarrassment when compared to the rest of the USA. beerchug.gif

A cross country tour really is a wonderful way to come to appreciate this country. I was a young teen when Dad loaded the family in the Ford van in OH and we saw much of the country as a vacation tour. Since then I have crossed twice and recommend it as a learning/teaching experience. first.gif
76-914
Good to see you again Joe. Liked your car too. That El Paso to Houston hi way is a long stretch isn't it? beerchug.gif
simonjb
great story Joe. All the best to your sister.
Shivers
I lived on Ave B in Redondo, the Hollywood Rivera. I was driving to Venice for work. That drive felt very similar to your drive across country. I hope you had a good time Joe.
Front yard mechanic
You in your natural habitat Click to view attachment
worn
QUOTE(914 Ranch @ Jul 6 2021, 07:09 AM) *

At the turnaround point.

Click to view attachment

With Palos Verdes in the background this is the beach I learned to swim at.
It was a wonderful trip. I used 259.8 gallons of gas to go 7229 miles for an average of 27.8 MPG.
While on my adventure I included the Route 66 Run and took home The Best Non NARP trophy.
I got to visit my Step Mother (she calls herself Mean Ol Stepmother, MOS) and told me that if I didn't take her for a ride she would kill me.
She used to slalom an Austin Healey. So I got it on a bit and she loved the car.
My sister lives near where I was staying at my friend's house. She is fighting Cancer now and it was really nice to be able to see her and was not able to go for ride. I really wanted to take her to see our stepmother. Maybe next time.

And crown the good with brotherhood from Sea to shining Sea.

You have crowned the good. I am so glad to have met you. Have a great visit and a safe run home. My 914 got similar mpg.
Warren
914-300Hemi
It was great to hang out with you at Route 66. I’m glad you made it back home safely.
It was great to hear your stories.
michael7810
Great meeting you again Joe...happy that I was able to tell you my "Beaver brownie" story. Glad you made it home OK.
Maltese Falcon
Joe, Awesome road trip + awesome whip !
Give me a shout when you get back to SoCal beerchug.gif
euro911
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Jul 7 2021, 06:00 AM) *
Great meeting you again Joe...happy that I was able to tell you my "Beaver brownie" story. Glad you made it home OK.
Big Brown Beaver? laugh.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=/aYDfwUJzYQg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.