Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: door lock
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bf**123
I have a 73 2.0 and just finishing the rust repair. I notice that my door locks on both sides will not work. Does anyone know of somebody who rebuilds door locks?? I like to keep the car as original as I can.. Thanks
mepstein
Easy to rebuild and original fit and work better than aftermarket
maxwelj
Curt Curtis in Tulsa provides that service and more. He is on here as Thecabinetmaker. Good luck!
mepstein
QUOTE(maxwelj @ Jul 6 2021, 12:07 PM) *

Curt Curtis in Tulsa provides that service and more. He is on here as Thecabinetmaker. Good luck!

agree.gif you might want to send him all your locks to refresh. They get gummed up after 50 years.
TheCabinetmaker
I'm here, and l can cure your lock problems. Pm me.
930cabman
I recently crossed this bridge. I purchased a "rust free project" from the West coast sight unseen. It arrived a few weeks later but neither door would open. At least the steering wheel was not locked. We got it off the truck and managed to get her into the garage. The following week I had my local locksmith open a door. I removed the latch/lock assembly and found it was simply gummed up from 50 years of "lube". A half hour later it was working like new. PB dissolved the old crap and I used 10w40 from the bench oil can to get things moving.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.