Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What to do with a spare 2.7? Buy a roller!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
A good running 2.7 came my way at a price I could afford and couldn’t refuse. Soooo, I bought it. Then, I was like, “what can I stick it in?” I already have my other 74 with a 2.7 CIS, the bus already has a big flat 6, I don’t own any ac VW to mess with, so I searched for a body. Found a well priced example close to me. Actually, only surface rust so far. 74 with parts, minus windshield, needs area forward of windshield repaired as PO did not do so correctly (solder and rivet, but good metal in place to weld). So, I plan to do some things with this. Some Evil things happy11.gif
Cairo94507
What a great way to get another car on the road. popcorn[1].gif beer3.gif
914Sixer
Sweet project
Root_Werks
Looks like some work has already been done. Get that painted and 2.7 installed! Yellow will make the 2.7 go faster.
worn
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 8 2021, 06:09 AM) *

A good running 2.7 came my way at a price I could afford and couldn’t refuse. Soooo, I bought it. Then, I was like, “what can I stick it in?” I already have my other 74 with a 2.7 CIS, the bus already has a big flat 6, I don’t own any ac VW to mess with, so I searched for a body. Found a well priced example close to me. Actually, only surface rust so far. 74 with parts, minus windshield, needs area forward of windshield repaired as PO did not do so correctly (solder and rivet, but good metal in place to weld). So, I plan to do some things with this. Some Evil things happy11.gif

Seems destined to be yellow. Might try to mount a different wheel style to each of the 4 possible spots. Phone dial for the spare. Congrats! It is nice to see one of our heroes punished once again.
PanelBilly
Do a wrap in a cray pattern!

Click to view attachment
Spoke
beerchug.gif

Can't have enough air cooled cars.
mepstein
Dr Evil - Did you build the car you sent to Scotty
Dr Evil
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 8 2021, 10:31 PM) *

Dr Evil - Did you build the car you sent to Scotty

Sort of. I built the engine from the crank up from a 74 targa 2.7, changed it to SC cams, modified the CIS to fit (not much work for that). Rebuilt the transmission, brakes, etc. Body work is by Scotty, and interior will have to wait. Its forerunner was body, paint, and upholstery in TJ, Mexico.

This car will likely be satin black, roller, might flare it to handle the engine mods I plan.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(worn @ Jul 8 2021, 06:14 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 8 2021, 06:09 AM) *

Seems destined to be yellow. Might try to mount a different wheel style to each of the 4 possible spots. Phone dial for the spare. Congrats! It is nice to see one of our heroes punished once again.

whip[1].gif This is the way. whip[1].gif
Dr Evil
Recon I will make my internal thoughts and plans public. I plan to attempts a twin turbo with the 2.7 I bought. It wont be the first, and I plan to copy the ideas of this evil genius that has come before. Read the postings of DPHANS and marvel. It is time to gather the parts.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/911-930-tur...-2-7-turbo.html

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/911-930-tur...kits-use-3.html
mb911
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 9 2021, 11:55 AM) *

Recon I will make my internal thoughts and plans public. I plan to attempts a twin turbo with the 2.7 I bought. It wont be the first, and I plan to copy the ideas of this evil genius that has come before. Read the postings of DPHANS and marvel. It is time to gather the parts.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/911-930-tur...-2-7-turbo.html

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/911-930-tur...kits-use-3.html

Go with 993 heat exchangers then. I used those, ssi's, my own headers and found the 993 setup the best for my single turbo, dual waste gate, 3.2 short stroke efi engine. I ran 8.5-1 with 7 psi of boost and sc cams . It was an absolute monster. Wheel spin was almost uncontrollable in it with 17x12 Fuchs on the back.
nivekdodge
Are you still in Ingram? I just bought my first one and I’m in Moon. Great body but bad floors
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.