Selling a Pre-Smog 75 914 that I bought about 3 months ago. This was an impulsive buy and I dont have time to work on the car and am paying for unnecessary storage. I think most of us here can relate to the impulsive buys.
Odometer reads 56142
The car is registered till 6/2022 and titled in my name (was out of DMV system so all fees are paid)
No SMOG required
Car is in decent shape, but has some bubbling and obvious rust on the pointy part of the fender.
Engine spins and oil looks clean and doesnt smell burnt.
Interior is clean but dirty, dash is not cracked and no broken bits on the cluster or dash.
Missing the interior light between the seats but seats are in good condition except for the driver bolster which is torn and taped by PO.
Engine has a lot of debris and battery tray is partially rusted, but I did not check the "hell hole" area but I dont remember seeing any cancer that was cause for concern.
Needs work but solid platform.

My plan was to remove the EFI system and I bought some Dellorto carbs to replace it. I was going to fix the body and clean the interior then paint with a friends help. Things changed and I am buying a 62 ragtop but to join my 64 convertible bug and so this car is for sale. The car is in Santa Clarita, CA at a storage out there and I am about an hour to an hour and a half away in Pomona, CA so if you have questions you'd have to give me a week to answer as I can only go on Saturday or Sunday. I can also meet you there so you can check out the car onsite.
I have not checked electrical system as the battery is dead and I forgot to take a battery last time I went. I am assuming that because no wiring is frayed and its unmolested because it was parked since 1995, that the wiring is good and all items are functional but I have not confirmed it. Any questions hit me up at 909-994-0918, text is best as I respond quicker.
Price of Sale is what I am in the car right now - $3800 OBO, no low ball offers please.