Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vent Window Adjustment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
friethmiller
Before I pull my door cards to get inside my doors, thought I'd ask the question. Can I adjust the vent window bracket (chrome part) up to close this gap without pulling everything apart? Unfortunately, Ian Karr's video came out after I had installed my doors. He shows how to loosen the nuts before installing the vent glass back into the track/new seal, but this was before installing it into the door. Thanks!

Also, not super-happy with my Targa seal install. Any advice on getting this right?

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
windforfun
Screw-in-nut adjustment at very bottom of door below (forward) vent window?
Shivers
Pretty sure you'll need to get in the door
rhodyguy
You'll might need to spray the adj with penetrant. Door cards off. Also gives you the opportunity to treat any rust inside the door. Are the vapor barriers behind the cards in place?
914_teener
There is a screw at the top of the chrome vent wing pillar for the top cap peice. It looks like it isn't seated right. There is a countersunk phillips screw there.

In chrome pillar for the vent wing as you might know....is adjusted by a set adjusting screw at the bottom of the window track. The chrome pillar is adjusted since it also serves as the window track. It is critical that this screw is installed in the right order, otherwise it won't adjust correctly. The window track has basically IIRC..... two degrees of freedom...side to side and a few degrees forward and back controlled by the 10 MM cap screw at near the top of the door where the main inside seal is installed. Of course you have to take the door cards off to do this. When I did my car...I did the vent wings first and the Targa Seal last.

Door alignment is key to getting this assembly to work and look right. Make sure your closesure gaps are good first. BTDT.
914_teener
Take a picture of your door gaps...somethings not right. That pillar should be up flush and snug when the door is closed.
friethmiller
Ok, thanks for all the replies. Door gaps are good, have a brand new vapor barrier installed, and most of what's inside the door has been restored. I think the bolts (arrowed) in this photo, looking up into the door, need to be loosened to allow the vent glass slide a few mm down. This will alleviate the pressure on the top piece, and allow the chrome vertical piece to come up and forward just a bit. After fiddling with things for a few minutes, I think I need to pull the entire assembly up, remove the vent glass and reinstall with soapy water to get everything to slide better. It would also allow me to make sure this horizontal piece can move in its track.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.