Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Searching for info on removing blower motor in front trunk
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rosenfe
I’ve tested blower with power to plug 1 and nothing. I suspect it’s dead. I’ve searched on how to remove blower. Can’t find anything. This is for a 69
914sgofast2
QUOTE(rosenfe @ Jul 9 2021, 02:51 PM) *

I’ve tested blower with power to plug 1 and nothing. I suspect it’s dead. I’ve searched on how to remove blower. Can’t find anything. This is for a 69

Check Ian Karr’s YouTube channel for how to remove the blower motor and fresh air box. It’s one of the 914 Rites of Passage.
Steve
QUOTE(914sgofast2 @ Jul 9 2021, 03:05 PM) *

QUOTE(rosenfe @ Jul 9 2021, 02:51 PM) *

Check Ian Karr’s YouTube channel for how to remove the blower motor and fresh air box. It’s one of the 914 Rites of Passage.

agree.gif
I was able to get it out, but I could not get it back in without Ian's video. We purchased the special tool at Harbor Freight and used giant rubber bands from Hobby Lobby and got it back in per Ian's video. We also used 914rubbers new grill and rubber.
bkrantz
Some ideas from memory:

1. Take lots of pictures, especially where all the control cables go. Maybe label the cables. And make some diagrams. And take pictures.

2. Remove the air duct hoses.

3. Remove the cowl braces.

4. Undo the bolts, one on each side that hold the air box in place.

5. Pull the air box and blower forward while pulling the cowl upward. It helps to be VERY strong and VERY careful.

Of course, all this assumes you have removed the fuel tank.
iankarr
@Steve glad the video was helpful!
porschetub
QUOTE(bkrantz @ Jul 10 2021, 02:02 PM) *

Some ideas from memory:

1. Take lots of pictures, especially where all the control cables go. Maybe label the cables. And make some diagrams. And take pictures.

2. Remove the air duct hoses.

3. Remove the cowl braces.

4. Undo the bolts, one on each side that hold the air box in place.

5. Pull the air box and blower forward while pulling the cowl upward. It helps to be VERY strong and VERY careful.

Of course, all this assumes you have removed the fuel tank.

Good points,I ripped down a piece of wood on my table saw and packed up the air box that way which was great as I was getting pretty pissed off before doing that headbang.gif headbang.gif .
I didn't remove the bonnet as I had fresh paint but for this job it would have easier if its removed,you can get the fuel tank out with bonnet on however no issue .
Its a bastard job but you get there in the end,my airbox had a new body seal so IMO it made it harder.
Good luck.
NARP74
QUOTE(rosenfe @ Jul 9 2021, 03:51 PM) *

How do you test it? I just added another project to my never ending list. My blower is not working either! I did check the fuse in the engine bay. If I read it right, it shares the fuel pump power and the pump runs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.