Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1975 Harness Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
simonjb
I have a 1975 1.8 that does not have the appearance package. I am keeping the car all stock - but I would like to add Oil pressure/Temp gauges and voltage.

Does the stock harness include any of these connections where the console would be?
bdstone914
QUOTE(simonjb @ Jul 9 2021, 04:30 PM) *

I have a 1975 1.8 that does not have the appearance package. I am keeping the car all stock - but I would like to add Oil pressure/Temp gauges and voltage.

Does the stock harness include any of these connections where the console would be?

Definitely not oil pressure. No 914 had oil pressure gauges. I though all the cars had the wiring for the console gauges after 72.
@IRONHILLRESTORATIONS mentioned a wire that can be repurpised for oil pressure. Possible rear window defroster. You can pull up your caroet and see if the connectors are by the tunnel for console gauges.
914Sixer
All the plugs are there for the clock, temp and volt gauges. You can use the hot and ground from clock to power any other gauge you want to install.
simonjb
Thanks very much
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jul 9 2021, 04:19 PM) *

QUOTE(simonjb @ Jul 9 2021, 04:30 PM) *

Definitely not oil pressure. No 914 had oil pressure gauges. I though all the cars had the wiring for the console gauges after 72.
@IRONHILLRESTORATIONS mentioned a wire that can be repurpised for oil pressure. Possible rear window defroster. You can pull up your caroet and see if the connectors are by the tunnel for console gauges.

That’s for a 6. On a 6 conversion you can use the heater blower switch wire. For an OP gauge you’ll have to run a wire
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.