Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: It's a Sad Day
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BMartin914
While trying to get the teener roadworthy again yesterday, I went hunting for my box of small tools and parts. Everything from small screwdrivers, to small metric machine screws and nuts - is gone. As I looked further so are all of my modeling supplies - sable brushes, files and my airbrush. Gone. Star wrench, deadblow hammer and another cigar box full of modeling supplies.

I live in a small neighborhood of fourplexes. My garage faces another bank of garages. Fairly private you could say. I have been leaving my garage open after driving and parking the teener to give the hot air somewhere to go. Apparently one of these times, one of my neighbors (the only ones who could know the door was open) decided to walk in and help themselves.

Doesn't seem too smart to steal mechanics tools when there are only 3 of us that ever work on our cars. dry.gif

It's a sad day when you can't even trust the people that live next to you not to steal from you.
SpecialK
Man, I'd like to catch someone pulling that kind of shit!! ar15.gif fighting19.gif chair.gif
zymurgist
I had a similar incident several months ago. Apparently I left one of my garage doors open all night, probably due to me carrying the Mercedes key in my pocket... it has a mini transmitter to open the doors and sometimes I lean on a button without knowing it. Anyway, whoever it was got my chain saw and a tool box containing specialty tools that I don't use very often (but when I need them, I really really need them). They were kind of dumb, as they left my cordless drill, reciprocating saw, stuff that was in plastic cases, etc. I was lucky.

(Of course, they too were lucky I didn't realize it while it was going on... there's no laxative quite as effective as the sound of a 12 gauge pump shotgun being racked.)

But happily, the chain saw was a broken piece of shit that needed lots of parts. So, in parting, to whomever thinks it's OK to steal a man's tools...

finger.gif
Dr. Roger
Get a remote PC camera and a program called, "Gotcha". Free trial.

I had an effin neighbor going in my backyard to check out my room mate. Yes, she had an award winning set of lovelies....

Got him. Confronted him. End of story.
mihai914
If your neighbors have kids, it's probably them, I remember catching a bunch of kids in the back yard looking after stuff, they noticed the car parts right away, yeah sure grab those rusty doors...

I would ask the neighbors if they saw anything suspicious and would tell them that you got stolen and watch for their reactions just to know who is the bastard mad.gif
scotty b
QUOTE (rogergrubb @ Jul 24 2005, 07:42 AM)
Get a remote PC camera and a program called, "Gotcha". Free trial.

I had an effin neighbor going in my backyard to check out my room mate. Yes, she had an award winning set of lovelies....

Got him. Confronted him. End of story.

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
jimtab
It's too bad about your experiences, I have had the opposite, I left for a day out and left the garage door open, 28 hours later came home and no change except the racoons had eaten all the cat food and washed in the laundry tub. One of the neighbors said later he noticed the door open but didn't feel he wanted to "go inside to close it" he didn't fee right about just walking in the door. I told him it was fine with me. Pretty good neighbors, 23 years here and never a problem.
jimtab
QUOTE (scotty b @ Jul 24 2005, 07:49 AM)
QUOTE (rogergrubb @ Jul 24 2005, 07:42 AM)
Get a remote PC camera and a program called, "Gotcha".  Free trial.

I had an effin neighbor going in my backyard to check out my room mate.  Yes, she had an award winning set of lovelies....

Got him.  Confronted him.  End of story.

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Nice.... agree.gif happy11.gif
Dr. Roger
Sorry guys, I couldn't do it without her consent.

Trust me. Full 36 C's. That loved to be massaged.... Did I mention her twin sister??? But that's another story..... LOL....\\

laugh.gif cool.gif rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif
Mark Henry
I've just been ripped off (large) by a supposed friend.

Not too happy with him...asshole mad.gif
Joe Bob
Ask her and post....just remember to crop you and the leather thong out.... cool_shades.gif
McMark
Yeah, ask around if your neighbors saw anything. Could make the perpetrator nervous enough to put the stuff back. Worth a shot.
brant
that sucks Ben...

sorry about that man
brant
redshift
There is this ... ink... you can put this invisable ink on stuff, and without the seconds solution... you can't get it off... and it reacts with PH change... so the...

EVIL DOERS look like a sideshow.

M
Gint
Just about gaurantee the "perps" are under the age of 16.

Sorry Ben. BTDT.
jimtab
QUOTE (SEEMORE BUTZ @ Jul 24 2005, 06:08 PM)
Dog came in my house once to raid my cats/dogs food.....

Went down to pet the little fucker,.......bit me...many times...little fucker chased me to my gun safe....I corrected the problem.

Made the papers...."I" was a puppy killer....been 12 years.....still explaining it.....

Puppy? Puppy killer....for shame....how come we don't see an avatar on that??? happy11.gif
Aaron Cox
you bastard!

laugh.gif
redshift
QUOTE (SEEMORE BUTZ @ Jul 24 2005, 10:08 PM)
Dog came in my house once to raid my cats/dogs food.....

Went down to pet the little fucker,.......bit me...many times...little fucker chased me to my gun safe....I corrected the problem.

Made the papers...."I" was a puppy killer....been 12 years.....still explaining it.....

sad.gif

You are sick...

M
redshift
Which one is like the puppy you killed mike?

This one?

redshift
Or this one?

redshift
Was that puppy dressed up in a cute costume?

Like this?

redshift
He was just hungry...

Like this one...

swood
QUOTE (redshift @ Jul 24 2005, 08:49 PM)
He was just hungry...

Like this one...

ohmy.gif

Your'e baaaaaaaaaad ese!

Probably burn for this fer sure!

dry.gif
rhodyguy
sorry to hear of this. if it's any consolation it could be far worse. your wife could've been a cia operative and one of her boss's cronies outed her due to your failure to march in lock step.

k
rhodyguy
or this one.
rhodyguy
no... this one.
redshift
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Jul 25 2005, 02:46 AM)
sorry to hear of this. if it's any consolation it could be far worse. your wife could've been a cia operative and one of her boss's cronies outed her due to your failure to march in lock step.

k

roflmao

Aren't you on dial-up?

laugh.gif

M
redshift
Those dogs lived long, productive.. stromberg.gif lives...

The puppy mikez executed was a baby.

sad.gif

See below...
rhodyguy
yea. must be the fact that there's only 30 people on. the bar on the bottom that goes across was going slow and i thought i was going to get timed out. then the pictures came up and DAMN!! i wish i had some photo shop skills and a fast isp. my avatar would be one of those animated ones, an erect penis with a pancake spinning on it.

k
redshift
I am on cold meds, and for a second I thought that read 'spitting', not spinning.

unsure.gif

M
BMartin914
From theivery to puppy pics... confused24.gif

I have a feeling it may have been kids (a kid) but none live in the immediate vicinity. I have seen one suspicious looking kid riding a bike between the buildings though. idea.gif

I hate to feel like everyone is a suspect but... flipa.gif
redshift
Sorry for the hijacked.gif , I just couldn't let mike get away with puppacide.

M
Joe Bob
It wasn't a puppy. It was a full grown stray mutt that attacked me...ripped my left thumb down to the bone.

No license, no shots.....I had to get shots afterwards.
redshift
dry.gif

Now the story changes... step out of the car, please..

cool_shades.gif

M
redshift
mike protects bone... from... self?
Joe Bob
The only pic the paper could come up with was a pic of a puppy....hence the puppy killer title.
redshift
QUOTE (SEEMORE BUTZ @ Jul 25 2005, 10:19 AM)
The only pic the paper could come up with was a pic of a puppy....hence the puppy killer title.

LMAO! Typical!

Mutt murderer.

M
Joe Bob
Had to be true, it was in the paper, right?
redshift
It didn't have to be, but I believe it. smile.gif

M
drew365
It's pretty easy to set up a surveillance camera system. I used to leave my garage door up about 12" for my cat to get in and out. Some skinny ahole slipped in and took both our bikes and did some damage.
I now have two cameras set up that record to a cheap comupter. The cameras are set on motion detection so they don't record all the time. The computer has a 200mb hard drive so I only have to delete files about once a month. I hate having to live like a paranoid person but the world is changing and I can't pretend that L.A. is the same as Topeka. But, I don't have any guns or dobermans, yet.
Dr Evil
I live in a neighborhood where my neighbors are all over 50. No punk kids, and we all leave our garages open all of the time. Big change from where I was living in San Diego. People who steal tools should be dealt with as if they broke a mans hands and forced him into unemployment. Its just wrong. mad.gif
Allan
I have 2 stories. 1 good the other really bad. The good - We went away to vegas for the weekend and when we got home we noticed the garage door up. Looked around and not a thing missing. Cool. The bad - My wife was in the garage getting laundry out of the dryer and some punk asshole walks right in and grabs a bike that was sitting about 5 feet away from her. mad.gif Scared the crap out of her.
tdgray
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Jul 25 2005, 12:11 PM)
I live in a neighborhood where my neighbors are all over 50. No punk kids, and we all leave our garages open all of the time. Big change from where I was living in San Diego. People who steal tools should be dealt with as if they broke a mans hands and forced him into unemployment. Its just wrong. mad.gif

Luvin the rural action 'eh Doc biggrin.gif
Dr. Roger
I'm telling you, man...

A cheap computer and a cheap camera. Some cheap motion detectin software, and you will have no more worries...

Whoever comes into your garage is going to get fingered by Mr. Computer and that info will get passed to The Man.

Pics sent to neighbors if The Man doesn't uncover anything, and your neighbors probably know the little M.F.er anyway.

End result is happy neighbors and a more care free you.

Oh yea', and sweet revenge... Whoops, did I say that???
redshift
uhoh... here we go now, with the freaky assed avatar thing again...

unsure.gif whatwazzat?

m
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.