Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tartan Seat Color for Phoenix Red Car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
FifthOrb
Hello all!

I recently purchased a 1973 Phoenix Red 914 2.0 and I would like to recover the seats.

I researched a decent amount so far and know that 914Rubber makes good looking reproduction covers in a variety of classic Tartan colors.

My questions at this point are; would tartan be “correct” for a 73, and if not, would it hurt the cars value? (I wouldn’t think so, but thought I should ask some experts)

Additionally, what color tartan would your select if you had my car color? I’m leaning away from orange and more toward something like black & blue to add a bit of contrast but I would like some other opinions to help open my mind.

Appreciate the help! -Craig
mb911
QUOTE(FifthOrb @ Jul 10 2021, 07:07 AM) *

Hello all!

I recently purchased a 1973 Phoenix Red 914 2.0 and I would like to recover the seats.

I researched a decent amount so far and know that 914Rubber makes good looking reproduction covers in a variety of classic Tartan colors.

My questions at this point are; would tartan be “correct” for a 73, and if not, would it hurt the cars value? (I wouldn’t think so, but thought I should ask some experts)

Additionally, what color tartan would your select if you had my car color? I’m leaning away from orange and more toward something like black & blue to add a bit of contrast but I would like some other opinions to help open my mind.

Appreciate the help! -Craig

I had the same thought.. I almost have considered the hounds tooth grayish white and black.

I do not think it will drastically affect value
mepstein
Just buy a core set of seats to recover
JeffBowlsby
Tartan was only correct for the 1975-6 cars. How it affects value depends on the buyer
JeffBowlsby
Double-double
rick 918-S
Tartan is cool. The seats slide out. If you are worried about resale just get a second set of seats. The orange looks cool with a black back pad and carpet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.