Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1971 willow green 1.7
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
beto
I just bought this rust free one owner Colorado car from a friend. It has 90k and original FI. I wasn’t able to drive it because of the fuel pump. I have a 2.0 with FI and a 2.0 with carbs. Both had Triad West exhausts. How different will the performance be? Once Triad West is up and running should I upgrade the exhaust?
KELTY360
In my experience, the biggest difference is the amount of torque available coming out of a turn. Putting a Triad on a 1.7 won’t hurt but it will never match up to a 2.0.

Nice find.
Chris914n6
Nothing will make a 1.7 noticeably faster.

Well a turbo will...
worn
QUOTE(beto @ Jul 11 2021, 01:12 PM) *

I just bought this rust free one owner Colorado car from a friend. It has 90k and original FI. I wasn’t able to drive it because of the fuel pump. I have a 2.0 with FI and a 2.0 with carbs. Both had Triad West exhausts. How different will the performance be? Once Triad West is up and running should I upgrade the exhaust?

Cool looking car. Where in Wisconsin are you? I think it is safe to bring the car out of the garage now…
mepstein
One of your neighbors in WI - Ben/MB911 builds stainless steel mufflers for our 914’s. Beautiful, light and performance oriented. 914-6Werkshop.com
pfreiburger
QUOTE(beto @ Jul 11 2021, 04:12 PM) *

Love the color, more pictures please! I am in Wisconsin as well, in Fond du Lac. Where are you located?
beto
Door countyClick to view attachment
beto
Not sure on mileage but I’m talking to original owner today
beto
No service history Click to view attachment
Shivers
If the 2.0 with carbs was built to use carbs, I was pleased with how it came out of the tight corners. I no longer had to stir it into 1st gear, it had enough torque to leave it in 2nd. I grew up between to great canyon roads, and carbs worked well for me. But it is such a nice car, so stock looking, maybe speak with a few of the guy's that have made their FI's work really well. Lots of power but looks stock.
mb911
QUOTE(pfreiburger @ Jul 11 2021, 06:49 PM) *

QUOTE(beto @ Jul 11 2021, 04:12 PM) *

Love the color, more pictures please! I am in Wisconsin as well, in Fond du Lac. Where are you located?

Mark Is referring to me. I am in Burlington near lake Geneva
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.