Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD - 3.0 Euro Carrera engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
mepstein
This is a very strong running engine taken out of a euro carrera less than a week ago. I personally rode in the car and the engine runs great. Oil pressure is strong at all revs and the leakdown is very good. This is a true euro carrera engine with most all of the correct parts - looks like fan and chain tensioners were upgraded. The engine was probably a factory replacement with a blank case that was stamped for customs or dmv. I talked to two of the best engine experts out there and they said it was common to stamp numbers to make registration easier. Engine was always properly maintained but mileage is unknown. SSI's are included. Owner is installing a built 3.8 so this engine needs to get sold. $19,995 delivered to your door in the conus. Email - Mark@MarkEpstein.net to purchase.

*I have pics of all six cylinder leak down results.

“Euro engine version is much faster and more powerful eng than US version engine (due to DEQ and custom regulation to meet DOT) based on my experience when I had a Euro 911. I believe that Euro engine is by far the best bullet proof eng I have ever driven.”
“Original 3.0 was 8.5 to 1.Going to 9.8 is a great improvment.It is a much lighter crank than an SC with much less mass.“
cary
sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
I need one of the last 25 engines.
1977 vin xxxxx1438
mepstein
The search for numbers matching is just an excuse not to buy cool stuff. poke.gif
Freezin 914
You are killing me Mark! I wish I had 20k laying around! hissyfit.gif
frostyf
I need a lottery win! headbang.gif driving.gif
rgalla9146

Carrera 3.0 mmmmmmm
roblav1
I built up one of these for my car... 9.5:1 JE, mod S cams, PMOs, and Ben's GT exhaust. Wow... better than my last favorite engine (2.7RS weber). First time down the long driveway, the kids next door came running out thinking a helicoptor had landed. Mine's a pre-production unit, 6th one built.
mepstein
Turbo engine without turbo

The Carrera 3.0 engine is essentially the 911 Turbo 2993 cc engine – just without the turbocharger. In addition, the lighter 6-bolt flywheel and the crankshaft from the 2.7 RS were installed. To compensate for the missing turbo booster of the 930, Porsche increased the compression ratio and thus provided the three-liter Carrera with a proud 200 hp and a torque of 255 Nm at 4,200 rpm. On the road together this also explains why the performance values of the Carrera 3.0 are very similar to those of the 2.7 RS. Although it is often referred to as the tamed version of the original 2.7 RS with 210 hp, it was able to achieve even better values in the various tests: from 0 to 100 km/h, the Carrera 3.0 was a tenth of a second faster (6.3s ), and even two tenths of a second faster from 0 to 180 km/h.

This was due to the improved torque, the 2.7 RS achieved the same torque only at a much more aggressive 5100 rpm. A direct comparison of the power curves explained the wonder: at up to 5 000 rpm, the three-liter engine delivers significantly more power than the 2.7 RS. Only at higher than this magical border can the old Carrera beat it.

The optimized torque was also reflected in another test: the Carrera 3.0 was a good 3 seconds faster than the 2.7 RS and the 2.7 Carrera from 25 to 100 mph. And all this with a car, which was at least 45kg heavier due to the additional noise insulation.

forrestkhaag
"Noise" to some is music to others...........
icon_bump.gif
beerchug.gif
HIPPIEKILLER
Let's say they are very different motors. The feeling, sound and revving is also a contributor for those differences.
ClayPerrine
With a 66mm crank from a 2.0 911 S engine and 906 cams and you get a short stroke 2.5 that will rev to 10K. But it is a race motor, not suited for street use at all.

With MFI from a 911S, it makes some wonderful noise. biggrin.gif
930cabman
QUOTE(roblav1 @ Jul 12 2021, 07:32 PM) *

I built up one of these for my car... 9.5:1 JE, mod S cams, PMOs, and Ben's GT exhaust. Wow... better than my last favorite engine (2.7RS weber). First time down the long driveway, the kids next door came running out thinking a helicoptor had landed. Mine's a pre-production unit, 6th one built.

Very cool
sixnotfour
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jul 13 2021, 10:19 AM) *

With a 66mm crank from a 2.0 911 S engine and 906 cams and you get a short stroke 2.5 that will rev to 10K. But it is a race motor, not suited for street use at all.

I have a bare case, If anyone really knows what this is.... 6 bolt crank is the key..
Mikey914
This motor is pretty much bullet proof. I have a 1980 3.0 with about 100k on it. The motor will generally make the 250k range without a rebuild if cared for. The Oil chain tensioner upgrade is $2500 just for the parts!
Good value
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jul 13 2021, 07:03 PM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jul 13 2021, 10:19 AM) *

I have a bare case, If anyone really knows what this is.... 6 bolt crank is the key..

I have an MFI pump from a 1969 911S that would be perfect for this.

Clay
mepstein
Engine reduced to $18,495
mepstein
SOLD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.