Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need suggestions how to price up15-20 year 914 parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TJB/914
Hi Guys,

I am getting ready to take my 914 out of storage & having my new 123-Electronic distributor installed in a few weeks. After that's completed I'll get rid of excess F.I. parts no longer needed. Some of this stash was purchased 15++ years ago so I need to get a general idea how to price in today's market??

Need fair value suggestions on good 914 2.0 engine F.I. stuff??
Not ready to sell yet just need market info.

Tom unsure.gif

914Sixer
You want real selling prices or over the moon, lol. NOS fuel injectors $225 each, head temp senders $69 each. 043 MPS $450. Head resistor $45. Used parts are what the market will bear.
JeffBowlsby
My guess is ~$1,500. club member realistic pricing for the group, if you part it out as individual items. Less as a single purchase. More if you hold out for the 'I don't want to sell anything ever unless you make me' price and have about 2 years to deal with the low ballers.
windforfun
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Jul 12 2021, 05:59 PM) *

My guess is ~$1,500. club member realistic pricing for the group, if you part it out as individual items. Less as a single purchase. More if you hold out for the 'I don't want to sell anything ever unless you make me' price and have about 2 years to deal with the low ballers.

agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif

SO TRUE!
TJB/914
Thanks Guys,
Good information, sounds fair.
I'll get rid of stuff after my new new distributor installation tune-up.
Wow, injectors are expensive.
Tom
JeffBowlsby
NOS injectors yes, but they might still leak if the internal seals are dried out. Used injectors, not so pricey due to the unknown condition.
wonkipop
if the injectors are as new, still in the sealed unopened plastic bags, with pintel/hose caps on, then 99% chance they are still AOK. i got hold of a set off a guy in USA who had them for his bug, (for a 1.8), similar age to your stuff, he'd had his stash for years. they worked perfect. injectors are worth $ if in state described above. hens teeth. it was 2 years ago. i think i paid something like $300USD for the 4. i've been looking out to pick up a spare or 2 ever since and not seen another NOS sealed up one for sale since. i imagine the 2.0 injectors are even harder to find.

but if out of bags and previously used they will have corrosion in the pintels.

i got an eye on one of your decel valves when you are ready.
they look the same as ones for early 74 1.8.
Arno914
I purchased 2 NOS injectors for the 1.7 (yellow), still sealed in the box, for about 120$ each a month ago. Bosch had the final run in 2007 and I missed it back then to buy some spares. Just in case.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.