Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FI help needed....RPM to zero when I stop.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Sea Rooster
I finally have our FI 73 2.0 on the road and have logged close to 550 miles on a rebuilt engine. The complete engine build was by Brothers and the fuel injection was installed by the shop the car was at. I 'm having some issues and need your expertise. Here are some more details:

- All FI parts have been confirmed to match numbers wise
- ECU and MPS have been tested by FI Corp and are good
- New gas tank, filter and stainless lines
- Bosch electronic fuel pump
- All hoses have been replaced and checked for leaks
- AAR VALVE has been replaced with a rebuilt unit. On a cold start it will not hold a high idle. We tried with other AAR vales with similar results.
- For me the exhaust smells to rich
- When I stop at a red light the RPMs drop to zero and then bounce back up and idles properly
- Idle is at 900 rpm but sometimes will be at 1100 RPM. I prefer the higher RPM
- Almost forgot...I have a 123 installed.

Here's what she looks like:

Click to view attachment
rjames
ECU and MPS have been tested by FI Corp and are good.

Your suspicion that it’s running rich is probably correct. I’m guessing that your MPS needs calibrating for your engine. You’ll need the tools tangerine sells and a way to measure your AFR to get it dialed in.
First though, try turning the knob on the ECU a click or three counter clockwise. If your throttle position sensor is correctly set, that should lean out the fuel mixture a bit at idle.
If that doesn’t do it, I’d recommend checking MPS with a vacuum pump to see if it holds vacuum. I have in my possession an MPS that was ‘rebuilt’ by FI Corp and found it had a torn diaphragm. If it holds vacuum get the tools to adjust it.

Car looks great, btw.
Sea Rooster
Thanks for the info! Will give it a shot this weekend when the rain stops!

Any other ideas from the garage are welcome!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.