Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Green 70 914 with Boxster Motor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
stevesc_us
Curious as to what you all think of this conversion. No affiliation. Sure looks like a lot of money was spent on this.

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer...14/2479061.html
mepstein
It must of cost a pretty penny to get the engine and trans into the car. I would be concerned about the almost stock brakes on a car that probably weighs a couple hundred pounds more.

Engine -365 vs 250
Trans -180 vs 72
Radiator & coolant - xxx?
mgarrison
I see they vented into the fender wells, but where the H-E-double hockey sticks is the air coming in to the radiator! confused24.gif
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(mgarrison @ Jul 13 2021, 07:47 AM) *

I see they vented into the fender wells, but where the H-E-double hockey sticks is the air coming in to the radiator! confused24.gif

I can't tell from the pics, but I'm going to guess they've cut ducts in the front panel behind the grills
mepstein
QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ Jul 13 2021, 12:08 PM) *

QUOTE(mgarrison @ Jul 13 2021, 07:47 AM) *

I can't tell from the pics, but I'm going to guess they've cut ducts in the front panel behind the grills

Either that or there is an opening behind their front plate.
arbitrary
The ad quotes a weight of 1950 pounds… seems a bit optimistic?
Montreal914
Still a reasonable price.
Needs a set of 5 lugs Fuchs though smile.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(arbitrary @ Jul 13 2021, 10:51 PM) *

The ad quotes a weight of 1950 pounds… seems a bit optimistic?

That’s what an early car weighs with an oem engine.
rgalla9146

No way it's 1,950, I'd bet on 2,250
Still a lively package.
I love the concept and that they charted new territory and got it done.
I'd want to see it look more 'factory'......like it grew there.
The wiring and dipstick across the rear trunk is an eyesore.
And of course brakes and five lugs.
Chris H.
The drive train seems very low in the chassis. Seems like it will scrape on something easily.
Cairo94507
This car has been posted before.
david63
Wonder if the turbo 4 from the 718 Boxster/Cayman is physically smaller? Bet someone does that swap eventually depending on the physical size of the engine. They make pretty good power….
matthepcat
That exhaust hangs way low
flat4guy
Overall a good looking car - but then I start to nit pick the small stuff. Rear window tape/caulking looks bad, interior trim not perfect, etc... but a cool car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.