Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Speedometer Repair
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gandalf_025
Odometer on my wife’s 911 stopped working
and I didn’t notice until I was about to take the car for
it’s yearly Inspection Sticker, due this month.

I called the usual shop in Calif., 3 times with no answer.
After checking threads here, I called Nichols Speedometer
in N.C. And a real person answered the phone on the 3rd ring.
I explained the problem and he said… Yup, a common issue.
Cost to repair was 239.00.
Then he told me they would be on Vacation the next week.
It was Tues, when I called..

He told me that if I sent it out by UPS that day, it would get to him
by Thursday and he would repair it, calibrate it and have it shipped out by Friday..
I shipped it, then I called on Friday, I paid and they shipped it back.
Got it yesterday…(Tues.) and installed it today..
Works fine..

Great Service and Fast Turn around time..
StarBear
Wow! Thanks for the tip. Good to have a cadre of good shops and suppliers.
Steve
My daughter lives down the street from North Hollywood Speedometer. Every time I call them up they have answered the phone. So far they have repaired two speedometers with broken odometers and my 3.2 930 Tach. Both times it was done in two days. My daughter hand delivered it and picked it up They said there biggest issues are clowns who send the gauges in an envelope or box with no packing and it arrives damaged.
Dave_Darling
I live near Palo Alto Speedometer. Never had a problem getting through to them, nor to bringing work there in person.

--DD
FlacaProductions
I was just in NHS on Tuesday - I've never had a problem getting a phone call answered or an email response but really glad you found a place that took care of you!
wes
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jul 14 2021, 11:11 PM) *

I live near Palo Alto Speedometer. Never had a problem getting through to them, nor to bringing work there in person.

--DD

Second that, Palo Alto Speedometer Restored all the gages to like new with glass rather than the plastic original lenses and converted multifunction speedo to like 911.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.