Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wiring diagram
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
NARP74
I am watching the GeorgeKopf thread and did not want to jack his. I need to look at a wiring diagram and when I searched on the wiring diagrams site, 2 options came up, 74 with L jet and 74 with D jet. My 74 model year car has a date of 10/73, so which is it for me?

My FI is long gone, turned into carbs. The previous 3 or 4 owners made all of my decisions for me.

Thanks for the help.
JeffBowlsby
The chassis harness is the same for a given model year, no difference whether its D-Jet or L-Jet.
StarBear
The VIN number is a good start. On window trim and in frank. The paint code on the decal on the drivers door jam too but they’re often missing.
914Sixer
Karmann started the next year build in August, SO the 1974 model year run started then. The 1974 run should the first year of the seat belt interlock.
StarBear
Also first year of the dual relay under the battery tray. Mine’s Nov 73 and early mid 74 production number.
Dave_Darling
The L-Jet was used on the 1.8 liter 914s. D-jet was used on the 2.0 914s.

D-jet used a silver "hand grenade" (MPS) with a single vacuum hose and a four-wire plug on it on the right side of the engine bay under the battery. L-jet used a "barn door" air flow meter attached to the air filter, with a quarter-circle "bump-out" on the side of it.

--DD
NARP74
All good info, thank you.
barefoot
See if this helps:

http://web.archive.org/web/20121014042555/...al_diagrams.htm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.