Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Frunk Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Thunderchief
My unfinished restoration came with all of the weatherstripping which fits well except for the frunk. It seems too thick which makes the frunk hard to close. Anybody else have this problem?
StarBear
Rather typical. Fit/squeeze it in then shut hood to compress without bending the hood, of course. Most times it styles in.
Steve
If your referring to the single strip in front of the gas tank, most of the aftermarket rubber strips are too high and cause the trunk lid to bend and harder to close. I bought a factory rubber strip for that part and aftermarket for the other piece that goes around the whole trunk.
Cairo94507
Yup- Steve nailed it. Did the same on my car. beer3.gif
Thunderchief
I pulled that piece off and it did the trick. Thanks guys!
worn
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jul 15 2021, 12:54 PM) *

Yup- Steve nailed it. Did the same on my car. beer3.gif

Yeah. Replaced all of the gaskets and now the frunk only opens when the weather is cool. Only 914 rubber parts I have had trouble with. Mostly I get it to work just fine.
Chris914n6
Same problem with the 914rubber divider seal. Lubed the contact patch with silicone (armor all) and it works fine now.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
should be fine if a factory or URO part. Please make sure that the hood line is correct, you could get the front hood hinge brackets too low and it will compress the seal too much. When the hood is closed seal or no seal it should be perfectly in align with the cowl and the fenders

QUOTE(Thunderchief @ Jul 15 2021, 01:02 PM) *

My unfinished restoration came with all of the weatherstripping which fits well except for the frunk. It seems too thick which makes the frunk hard to close. Anybody else have this problem?

worn
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jul 16 2021, 12:36 PM) *

should be fine if a factory or URO part. Please make sure that the hood line is correct, you could get the front hood hinge brackets too low and it will compress the seal too much. When the hood is closed seal or no seal it should be perfectly in align with the cowl and the fenders

QUOTE(Thunderchief @ Jul 15 2021, 01:02 PM) *

Nope. My frunk lid sits just a bit proud all the way around. Similar problem after replacing seals for the rear trunk. Too much of a good thing. Three years haven’t cured the problem.
914Sixer
Another factor could be the rubber compound is more dense and does not collapse at the same rate as the original factory material. Ran into this problem with e brake boots. New rubber not pliable enough to go over bracket.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.