Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Luftgekuhlt Indianapolis
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
krazykonrad
Does anyone know if the tickets have gone on sale yet or did I just miss it?

Thanks,
Konrad
bahnzai
Tickets just now released! Will go quickly!
September 10 in Indianapolis.

Maybe this link will work.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/luftgekuhlt-7-..._eid=4ce9714865
9146GUY
I just tried entering what should be a featured car and a spot was unavailable.

That was 10 minutes after getting the entry form.

Disappointed.
krazykonrad
Just got mine. We’ll just be spectators. I doubt that my 914 on jack stands is what they’re looking for.
rick 918-S
Wow! Sounds like a total whine and cheese crowd to me. gayfight.gif Not that there is anything wrong with that. blink.gif
bahnzai
Anyone interested in going???

I purchased 2 tickets and will not be able to make it now.

Yours for free, just PM me with your email and I will send them along. First one gets them.

It should be really awesome, with a lot of great old air cooled machines!
I wish I could make it.
bahnzai
Yes, I did say “free” ?!?!?

The totally not secret password for us ‘teeners ! “Free” is when our 914 ears turn on smile.gif
rgalla9146

If someone here does go please post pics.
What would it be like to jump into my no sound-deadning, hard bushing, loud
muffler, poor MPG, no AC, 2.0 six and drive elevin hours for a one-day affair ?
I've considered it.

914forme
Yes I went, had a great time and snapped only two pictures.

Saw John Oates 914-6, only thing new to the design was a really nice lower splitter, made out of Aluminum.

914 Safari was there, like the idea, plenty of 911 safaris. Loads of driver cars, which was refreshing.

Saw John Oates also.

Nice 914-6 "test Mule" that had the nicest 916 steel roof I had seen. Everything was just right including the drip rail, that was not super deep or cut hard into the A-post.

Some nice 914s and 914-6

And of course 356s, 550s, 718, 917s, etc... Nice event, I preferred the displays across the street from the bottle district.

The bundled up 2x6s might have been worth more than some of the cars. lol-2.gif

jaredmcginness
Here are a few photos I took.

Sorry for all the 911 content, I've been on a longhood kick recently for the last 15 years...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

and of course.... me with *my* car ahem...

IPB Image

IPB Image

A great day, certainly tough to get some photos. Lots of waiting for the crowd.

And the merch line.... gotta do better than that! Got in line before opening (let us in 30 minutes early), waited an hour. My girlfriend and I each got the last event shirts in our sizes (medium for me, small for her)
the LAST shirts! an hour into the general merch sales.

All in all, great location and cars.

Jared
Steve
QUOTE(jaredmcginness @ Sep 13 2021, 05:03 AM) *

And the merch line.... gotta do better than that! Got in line before opening (let us in 30 minutes early), waited an hour. My girlfriend and I each got the last event shirts in our sizes (medium for me, small for her)
the LAST shirts! an hour into the general merch sales.

Jared

They have an online store. Curious if there available there?
https://shop.luftgekuhlt.com/collections/apparel
Maltese Falcon
Our star MSDS fabricator Gino, was enlisted for pit crew duties accross the road at the Brickyard. Didn't make it to the Lüft gig but the big Porsche Indy gathering was awesome !
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Load in day...
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Factory built , checks all of the boxes
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
3 point airjack system
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
One of our East Coast tuning shop clients Accumoto, prepared this Old School themed 911.
There was a rather cool wide body 914-8 (LS ?) there as well...I need to go through these pics and post up.
Click to view attachment
rgalla9146

Couda....woulda.....shouda !!!!!
When is the next ? don't say West coast please.
Lucky9146
Thanks for posting all the pics so far, anybody else?
driving.gif white914.jpg
Maltese Falcon
Nicely built road racer using the GT Racing wide body kit. Gino says it's GM/ LS-v8 powered
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
racer914
The 69 car is Porsche powered. It would not be legal for PCA Club Racing with a V8. It was owned by Tim McKenzie before he passed away and is now campaigned by Brian Weathered.
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(racer914 @ Sep 13 2021, 03:25 PM) *

The 69 car is Porsche powered. It would not be legal for PCA Club Racing with a V8. It was owned by Tim McKenzie before he passed away and is now campaigned by Brian Weathered.

I'm totally a fan of that 69 car !
Gino needs to take deeper looks into these 914 engine bays ...I thought that large interior hump was a BIG air duct to the intake fan (similar to set-ups I've seen).

Makes me wonder if PCA / GCR's would allow for Porsche v8 power in a Porsche 914 ¿¿ You would think " It's Their brand ...why not build on your brand ? " idea.gif
No worries though...POC / GCR's just put us in a power-to-weight class, or an exhibition class.

We're just in it for the fun of driving a "Pushing the envelope" car that we designed and now finishing up smile.gif
When my wife was 17, her Family did a cross country road trip in their Chrysler Imperial. Her Dad took them around Indy for 1 lap of the Brickyard; she said it was like $10.00 or so...and a long way around biggrin.gif
Marty

Van914
I saw #69 when Tim raced it. He and the car were very fast. It is Flat Six powered.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.