Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: customer 914 inspection
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Click to view attachment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRBvwsQDBj0
Ansbacher
Great video, George. Learned a lot. How come you did not address the targa top?

Ansbacher
Robarabian
I enjoyed this Doc. Thanks for posting.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Thank you very much for the positive feedback
As you can see by the amateurish quality I am ad libbing so forget "stuff" like the top. Tomorrow I am going to do a driving impression video, and our guy is finishing up editing the "how to rekey your exterior door handle"

QUOTE(Ansbacher @ Jul 16 2021, 12:48 PM) *

Great video, George. Learned a lot. How come you did not address the targa top?

Ansbacher

Root_Werks
I liked it, nice video.

That appears to be a very clean and original 914!
mlindner
Thanks for all the great detail George. A lot of fun to watch. Best, Mark
Cairo94507
Hey Doc- That was a great video for someone going to look at a 914 that has never owned one. Well done and hopefully that helps save a lot of first time buyers from paying good money for a bunch of rust taped together. beerchug.gif
rjames
Nicely done!
SKL1
Good info for someone who can't find a local 914 expert.

I've had my car since new, for 51 years, and the first thing I did was put a crest on the front trunk- sorry George but to me it looks naked without it. To each their own...
JeffBowlsby
A masterclass for all things 914, this is excellent as are all the Auto Alanta videos. Love the presentation style and clarity of detail. These are a 914 legacy. Bravo!
fiacra
That was great, as have been your other videos. Keep them coming!!!
bbrock
agree.gif Great video and I finally understand why my several victims haven't been more upset after I let them out of the trunk on dark nights. smile.gif
JOEPROPER
Thanks for the great video. I definitely learned a few things. Very insightful.
DC_neun_vierzehn
Enjoyed the vid on Thursday night. Watched it start to finish.
MM1
Thanks, Doc - enjoyed every minute!
wonkipop
good to know i am not the only one with the seat belt problem.

nice honest car to "look over" in such detail from the other side of the planet.
more evidence of 74 1.8 original charcoal can plumbing.
MikeM
Nice video...you might want to edit the part where you advise adjusting the rear torsion bar,which I assume you meant to say FRONT torsion bar!!
Mike
Shivers
A question on your statement about the rear bumper. 71, 72, 73, & 74 have the same bumper? I have a 72 and I do not have that bumper. Was that a general statement that after 70 there will be some rounding at the bottom? That to me looks like what was called the later steel bumper. 71 & 72 had a different bumper than the 73 and 74, it looked like the 70 bumper but at the bottom where you mention the smile it is a tiny radius compared to the bumper you are showing us.
Krieger
Very well done video!
StarBear
Nicely done. Learned more about my 74 Zambezi Green 1.8 and a few things to look for despite having it since 74. Thanks, George.
914xr75
Great job Doc! Would love to see you do one on a beater.
914werke
Very enjoyable. Extremely nice example. So the big question is ... how would you price it?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(914werke @ Jul 18 2021, 01:07 PM) *

Very enjoyable. Extremely nice example. So the big question is ... how would you price it?

Hi Rich, in today's retail market 25 thousand
StarBear
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jul 19 2021, 11:20 AM) *

QUOTE(914werke @ Jul 18 2021, 01:07 PM) *

Hi Rich, in today's retail market 25 thousand

And trending upward. They (the 1.8Ls) held steady at 10-12K for sooooo many years. I'll think I'll up my insurance recovery coverage next renewal.
MCShack
It was a great video George. I just stumbled across it by accident surfing around YouTube a few hours after it went up and was pleasantly surprised, much better than what I was planning to watch.
mrholland2
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jul 16 2021, 08:04 AM) *

George
I’ve been lusting after this one since it appeared in your cars for sale area!!!
ValcoOscar
Great video George, I've also enjoyed your other Auto Atlanta videos.

Here is the last one I saw.... first.gif

Oscar

Keep them coming!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzNak_e8YhE

Big Len
That was excellent.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.