Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS Restored Steel gas caps.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
bdstone914
I have 3 original gas caps for 1970-74 cars with steel expansion tanks
They are replated gold zinc and have gaskets made from an aramid fiber material.
$35 shipped each
mobymutt
Bruce, I have a '74, and it always smells badly of gas in the front trunk. Maybe my gas cap isn't sealing? I will take one of these if it will eliminate the smell!
bdstone914
QUOTE(mobymutt @ Jul 17 2021, 07:44 PM) *

Bruce, I have a '74, and it always smells badly of gas in the front trunk. Maybe my gas cap isn't sealing? I will take one of these if it will eliminate the smell!

I can sell you one but the smell is more likely related to the charcoal canister lines. Look inside of the cap and see if the rubber liner is intact.

@mobymutt
mobymutt
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jul 18 2021, 01:24 PM) *

I can sell you one but the smell is more likely related to the charcoal canister lines. Look inside of the cap and see if the rubber liner is intact.

@mobymutt

The rubber liner does seem intact, so I will have to look at the lines. Thank you!
Superhawk996
Bruce I’ll take one. I’ll PM you on shipping address.
bdstone914
Back side
Pappy1975
Hey Bruce,
I’ll take one. PayPal on the way.
David
DC_neun_vierzehn
QUOTE(mobymutt @ Jul 18 2021, 05:43 PM) *

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jul 18 2021, 01:24 PM) *

@mobymutt

The rubber liner does seem intact, so I will have to look at the lines. Thank you!

@mobymutt check the gasket between fuel tank and expansion tank to see if it has gone bad. I recently had an issue with my '73 and that was the issue. And use your nose (where is the smell coming from specifically) and use your fingers (find the moisture) and trace it to the source.

https://www.pelicanparts.com/More_Info/N14R...6&DID=33599
DC_neun_vierzehn
@bdstone914

I'll take a cap, if you have one left?
Pappy1975
QUOTE(Pappy1975 @ Jul 29 2021, 08:56 PM) *

Hey Bruce,
David

Hey Bruce,
Did you receive my PayPal?
David
bdstone914
QUOTE(Pappy1975 @ Aug 22 2021, 09:00 AM) *

QUOTE(Pappy1975 @ Jul 29 2021, 08:56 PM) *

Hey Bruce,
David

Hey Bruce,
Did you receive my PayPal?
David

Yes, PM sent. Will mail tomorrow.
bdstone914
QUOTE(DC_neun_vierzehn @ Aug 22 2021, 07:49 AM) *

@bdstone914

I'll take a cap, if you have one left?

"DC_neun_vierzehn"

Yes I have one left.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.