Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB 2.0 Throttle Body
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
iankarr
Hi Guys,

Anyone have a known-to-be-good, clean throttle body (not worn) for a 74 2.0?

Thanks!

Ian
JamesJ
Hi Ian,
Everyone has a different idea of what is meant by “worn”, so you may want to consider having it rebuilt. Phil Eslins advertises on The Samba and did mine. pbeslins@msn.com
bdstone914
QUOTE(iankarr @ Jul 17 2021, 09:10 AM) *

Hi Guys,

Thanks!

Ian

I have cores and could send one to get rebushed if you dont find a tight one and want to keep your car together.

@iankarr
Steve H
QUOTE(JamesJ @ Jul 17 2021, 02:07 PM) *

Hi Ian,
Everyone has a different idea of what is meant by “worn”, so you may want to consider having it rebuilt. Phil Eslins advertises on The Samba and did mine. pbeslins@msn.com

I just had my 74 2.0L throttle body rebuilt by Phil; finished yesterday. Phil sent a photo and said it would be shipped out today. It's beautiful but I should say, be prepared to wait a while. He definitely still has a following.
iankarr
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jul 17 2021, 09:30 PM) *

QUOTE(iankarr @ Jul 17 2021, 09:10 AM) *

Hi Guys,

Thanks!

Ian

I have cores and could send one to get rebushed if you dont find a tight one and want to keep your car together.

@iankarr

Thanks Bruce. It seems the TB that came with my bumblebee is pretty worn. When held up to a light I can see lots of light around the butterfly and the resting position of the spring assembly is partially open. The engine is running well, but the gaps in the TB are causing the idle to be 1900 or so. I've found no other vacuum leaks. So I basically can't drive the car until I have a good TB. How long do you think it would take to get one re-bushed?
iankarr
QUOTE(JamesJ @ Jul 17 2021, 05:07 PM) *

Hi Ian,

Thanks, James! Will reach out....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.