Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Master Cylinder removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EJP914
I have disconnected all of the fittings at the MC, removed the switch, removed the 2 13 mm nuts, and disconnected the lines at the brake fluid reservoir. My problem is the rubber fittings and steel (?) lines at the top. That looks to be what wont allow the MC to pull out.

How do these come out? I was going to try to pry them out with a screwdriver but thought they would get destroyed. Thought about grabbing the steel line with channel locks and try to wiggle them out.

I have a new MC coming from PMB but don't know if comes with new rubber fittings? Are they usually supplied with new MC's?

I would vey much appreciate the advice and guidance. Thanks

EJP914
bdstone914
Yes new naster cylinders have new grometts. Twist and pull. Remove the reservoir strap to get some slack on tbe lines
Mikey914
Don’t forget the washers
pneuhyde
QUOTE(EJP914 @ Jul 18 2021, 07:12 PM) *

I have disconnected all of the fittings at the MC, removed the switch, removed the 2 13 mm nuts, and disconnected the lines at the brake fluid reservoir. My problem is the rubber fittings and steel (?) lines at the top. That looks to be what wont allow the MC to pull out.

How do these come out? I was going to try to pry them out with a screwdriver but thought they would get destroyed. Thought about grabbing the steel line with channel locks and try to wiggle them out.

I have a new MC coming from PMB but don't know if comes with new rubber fittings? Are they usually supplied with new MC's?

I would vey much appreciate the advice and guidance. Thanks

EJP914

Just a remark about the general work involved. After much struggling in too tight of a space, I found it much easier after I went ahead and loosened up the torsion bar? holders and swung it down out of the way.

Steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.