Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paint Protection Film Recommendation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Highland
I know not really 914 specific, but wondering what clear paint protection film people have used. Mostly concerned with damaging finish when it needs to be removed.

Should it be replaced once a year or more often to prevent paint damage?
Robarabian
The trick is.. spend more now and don't remove it. I have a full front end on my 2014 Cayman S. Front bumpers, hood, front fenders and mirrors. It has been on there since new and you don't take it off. since then the technology has gotten better. Look up Ghost shield, and see if they have a dealer near you in SD.
Cairo94507
I have Xpel paint protection film on all of my cars. I have been using that stuff since 2005 w/o any problems. On my daily driver, following some asshat dropping part of his truck load in front of me as he entered the freeway, I had to have the front bumper and hood paint protection film replaced. The shop parked the car out in the sun for a couple hours and then peeled it right off without any paint damage at all. The trick to removing it is to pull it right along the surface of the car. Keeping it as close to the painted finish as possible.

Other than the above, I have never had problems with yellowing or lifting. For me PPF was a Godsend because of the horrible condition of CA roads/freeways. My cars all look darn near new still. I would be afraid to drive the 914-6 w/o PPF on the complete front end. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.