Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB - engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
tsvo
Hello,

I have a 1973 1.7L with the original engine. However, the engine now needs a complete rebuild. I will do it eventually, but. Likely not for a little while.

What do you have out there for sale?

I would like it to be:
As complete as possible.
I would like to bolt it in with as few modifications to car or engine.
Solid running and reliable.

(Car currently has 1.7L heat exchangers and Brusch exhaust.)
I'm in the Chicagoland area, local is a plus, but not a requirement.

Let me know what you have.

Regards,
Terry
mepstein
Your 1.7 exchangers will fit on any type 4
StarBear
1.8L engine just posted on this section.
HIPPIEKILLER
Hello,

It depends when you need it, I am going to remove my 1.7 running perfectly in few weeks. It is complete and starts at the first turn.
tsvo
Thanks for the info Mark.

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 19 2021, 08:34 PM) *

Your 1.7 exchangers will fit on any type 4

tsvo
Thanks for pointing that out.
QUOTE(StarBear @ Jul 19 2021, 08:46 PM) *

1.8L engine just posted on this section.

tsvo
I am interested. Please keep me posted. I'd have to look at shipping.

QUOTE(HIPPIEKILLER @ Jul 20 2021, 03:08 PM) *

Hello,

It depends when you need it, I am going to remove my 1.7 running perfectly in few weeks. It is complete and starts at the first turn.

mepstein
QUOTE(tsvo @ Jul 21 2021, 07:57 AM) *

I am interested. Please keep me posted. I'd have to look at shipping.

QUOTE(HIPPIEKILLER @ Jul 20 2021, 03:08 PM) *

Hello,

I'm happy to send you my rep at freight quote. He's taken car of a dozen engine ships for me and more for my friends. On a pallet, it's probably $250-500 depending on residential or commercial and lift gate needed. I always ship to my shop or my local mechanic since they have a forklift and that's the cheapest way to ship and receive.
Al Meredith
Terry, I have a 1.7 rebuild on my engine stand now . It is a stock rebuild with a stock cam so it will work with stock FI. All bearings , rings and seals are new. Includes flywheel that has been set to 4 to 6 thou, does not include and alternator but does include fan and shroud. Distributor and wires included . I have installed duel Solex PDSIT carbs or could install a 32/36 Weber. I'd sell with out carbs if necessary . $1000 AlClick to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
tsvo
Thank you for the response. It sounds like a good motor. Would you be open to a phone conversation in the next few days? If so, PM me a number we can talk or text.

Regards,
Terry

QUOTE(Al Meredith @ Jul 21 2021, 03:04 PM) *

Terry, I have a 1.7 rebuild on my engine stand now . It is a stock rebuild with a stock cam so it will work with stock FI. All bearings , rings and seals are new. Includes flywheel that has been set to 4 to 6 thou, does not include and alternator but does include fan and shroud. Distributor and wires included . I have installed duel Solex PDSIT carbs or could install a 32/36 Weber. I'd sell with out carbs if necessary . $1000 AlClick to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.