Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WeatherTech International Challenge at Road America
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
vintage914racer
Had a great time this last weekend at the big vintage races at Road America in my 914. Here’s my In-car video from the group 8 feature race.

https://youtu.be/nrtnwDKpZ7Q
Shivers
That was great...Thanks
mlindner
Saw you race on Saturday, great job. Beautiful car and such a great track. My boss is Mark White (Accumoto) he ran in your same run group, very fast group. Best, Mark
vintage914racer
QUOTE(mlindner @ Jul 20 2021, 12:47 PM) *

Saw you race on Saturday, great job. Beautiful car and such a great track. My boss is Mark White (Accumoto) he ran in your same run group, very fast group. Best, Mark

It was a beautiful weekend, wasn't it?

You and the team at Accumoto build some beautiful cars. And fast ones too.
gms
Ben you looked great out there, what a day to race the weather was perfect.
Now if Road America could only stop ruining the races by putting modern cars in with the vintage it would be nice. a 2004 Acura TSX is NOT a vintage race car and does NOT belong on the track with '60s & '70s GT cars...especially when he beats the field!
vintage914racer
QUOTE(gms @ Jul 22 2021, 06:48 AM) *

Ben you looked great out there, what a day to race the weather was perfect.
Now if Road America could only stop ruining the races by putting modern cars in with the vintage it would be nice. a 2004 Acura TSX is NOT a vintage race car and does NOT belong on the track with '60s & '70s GT cars...especially when he beats the field!

Thanks, Glenn. I’d say it had to be the best weather I’ve seen at this event in at least the last 10 years.

At this event in particular, as you’ve surely noticed over the years, there tends to be an increase in very contemporary cars joining the mix. On one hand, vintage needs to adapt if it’s to continue bringing new people in. I’d reckon the 25 year rule is acceptable in my eyes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.