Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vot es dis?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
StarBear
Spent a lot of time at NE Gathering looking at various cars' details and discovered this slot on the underside of the frunk, on the passenger side. Any clue as to what it might be/have been for? Maybe the production status ticket during production? Have had the car since 1974 and never noticed it before (but then in those years I wasn't aware of MANY things)!
Knowledge, clues and wise-cracker answers welcome.
Click to view attachment
BillJ
maybe provides a slight amount of flex so that when you shut the lid with the gas cap sitting on top of the expansion tank it doesn't immediately destroy the hood?
StarBear
It doesn’t seem to add any space. It’s more of a cutout pocket. Anyone have this? Unique to ‘74? confused24.gif
Shivers
My 72' has the same notch. Maybe they were going to do something like the 914-8 and changed it last minute to save cost.

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
QUOTE(Shivers @ Jul 20 2021, 07:42 PM) *
My 72' has the same notch. Maybe they were going to do something like the 914-8 and changed it last minute to save cost.

agree.gif

That notch is part of the originally planned fuel filler door that was cut from production.
shades.gif

StarBear
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 21 2021, 02:56 PM) *

QUOTE(Shivers @ Jul 20 2021, 07:42 PM) *

agree.gif

That notch is part of the originally planned fuel filler door that was cut from production.
shades.gif

Awesome! Solved! first.gif
Thanks so much, folks. Onward.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.