Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where did it go?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VaccaRabite
The oil filler cap has gone missing on my 914.

It was there. I went for a drive for an hour or so. I came back and it was gone. WTF.gif

Aside from a small amount of oil that must have sloshed up and out I have not found any badness. But I also have not found the filler cap. It had GOT to be in there somewhere but damned if I know where. Searching the top of the motor has yeilded nothing. I've felt around the fan well and can't find it there either - or the remnants of it.

Who the hell opened a portal into the engine compartment of my 914? Where T.H. could it have gone to?

Zach
SO.O.C914er
That’s crazy. Did you check down in the fan housing area known to swallow many parts. driving.gif
worn
QUOTE(SO.O.C914er @ Jul 20 2021, 06:53 PM) *

That’s crazy. Did you check down in the fan housing area known to swallow many parts. driving.gif

That and a rag I had in the engine compartment. Odds are if you can’t find it somewhere amongst the intake it is either in the fan well or past it. Maybe a boroscope will find it, but my luck is iffy with the things. Hope I am wrong though.
NARP74
I've had to use a bright light and a mirror to find things down there.
VaccaRabite
Still can't find it.
IPB Image

Went around with a boroscope, still can't find the damned thing. I don't have the heater tubes in the car, so is it possible that I got out via the one of the 2 larger holes in the tin wings for those tubes? Would be a really tight fit.

Zach
PanelBilly
Could you have set it on the roof and it was lost when you drove off?
jrmdir
I just played with mine and it's surprising how those thin, black discs can become invisible. I'm sure you checked but could it be wedged under the vacuum advance pod, or back under the intake runners or air cleaner?

Ron
maf914
How about the rubber seals around the engine tin? Any gaps?
bkrantz
Gremlins?
ClayPerrine
It's the Martians.. The took your oil cap to fix their spaceship. very_first_smiley[1].gif

Now their spaceship is goona rust....... av-943.gif
MCShack
Ya check the Hell Hole? WTF.gif Maybe someone thought they needed it more than you and decided to swipe it for themselves. confused24.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.