Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1973 914s Chalon pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
emerygt350
I bought this a month or so ago from the original owners family (deceased). Now slowly getting it going again. 2.0 is running real good now, all stock as far as I can tell. Was a California car but sat in the weather for a year or two in NY so I do have some battery area rust (not terrible) I need to deal with. I assume the Chalon was done by mitcom since he lived near there and the paint matches one of their jobs.

Hell hole was starting but it is just the area where the fuel pump bolts on. Cleaned that all out and will get to it this winter. Jack points were packed with california sand and are gone but the rust didn't get into the longitudinals. Cleaned that up and sandblasted the area and rustoleumed the crap out of it till I weld in new ones. Little bits of touch up on the body needed but nothing terrible.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image
NARP74
Beautiful. I learned something today, I'm done now.
stownsen914
Looks like a pretty good example
raynekat
Nice car....they definitely have some "history."
AZBanks
Great find. Chalons don't get a lot of love around here but I like them. Yours is a beauty.

Congrats!

welcome.png
emerygt350
QUOTE(AZBanks @ Jul 23 2021, 05:20 PM) *

Great find. Chalons don't get a lot of love around here but I like them. Yours is a beauty.

Congrats!

welcome.png

I was warned about that before I bought it. I like the original look too but I don't like the narrow wheels or the look of wide wheels stuffed under the original body. I also like the look of the chalon way better than the factory wide body.

I started paying attention to cars in the late 70s and early 80s when whale tails and crazy lambos were all the rage. I suspect as my generation starts looking more for old cars, something like the chalon will be more interesting to us than the boomers. I mean the fox body mustang is actually sought after now. What a crazy world we live in....
Dave_Darling
Reitmier's! It's still there, we have taken one of my wife's cars to them.

--DD
Cairo94507
Nice example. When you address the fuel pump location, please move the fuel pump to the front trunk. That mod is done a lot on our cars as some experienced vapor lock from the heat in the engine bay. beerchug.gif
930cabman
Great looking ride. Are you in the Western NY area?
emerygt350
QUOTE(930cabman @ Jul 24 2021, 05:59 AM) *

Great looking ride. Are you in the Western NY area?

Finger lakes area.

I sent rietmeirs a photo when I bought it. Sadly they don't have records back to the 70s and 80s.

Will definitely move the pump. And replace the fuel lines too...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.