Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for a 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Stef914
Hi There, I'm pretty new to the forum and to the 914 world too. I've been saving for a long time and I'm now ready to buy a drivable 914 that doesn't require to many adjustments right away. Preferably an original or as close to original. Any models, just no later then 1975 ( smog exempt ) Thank you all smile.gif
porschenstock
No affiliation

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274875809998?hash=...OMAAOSwlrNg6aBi
mepstein
welcome.png
930cabman
Welcome aboard mate! Rust is the major disease of the 914, look, probe, take tons of pics, ask lots of questions prior to opening your checkbook and most of all enjoy the ride.
ValcoOscar
welcome.png

Check out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRBvwsQDBj0

Also, type in Ian Karr on YouTube to check out excellent 914 videos

Most importantly, Porsche 914 for Newbies episodes

Oscar

Cairo94507
@Stef914 Welcome aboard. This is a great place to learn more than you will ever want to about the 914. No shortage of information and help. The attached video of Dr. 914 doing a good PPI (pre-purchase inspection) is well worth the time.

As others have said, rust is the biggest concern on these cars. Next comes accident damage that was not repaired correctly. Remember these were inexpensive cars and often times corners were cut. Really only in the last 10 years have these values steeply climbed.

Take the time to educate yourself on what to look for and what to run from. Then be prepared to act when the right one comes up so you don't miss it. Typically the better condition the car to begin with the better off you are in the long run. I would also add, the closer to stock you find the car generally the better off you are. Also Ian Karr's videos series is well worth the time when it comes to seeing how to work on these cars. Very educational and entertaining.

Good luck in your search and enjoy. welcome.png

Michael beerchug.gif
burton73
Welcome to the world. This is the place for all things 914.

We have a number of 914 brothers in the Los Angeles area. Wouldn’t it be great to find a local car? From the SoCal Cal area. I bought the one in my avatar 18 months ago, just to get it into inventory One owner 1975 blue plate car with Paperwork back from year one. Repaint from 18 years ago. Great to look at older repaint because any rust or bad body work would have shown up.

Bob B Burton West Los Angeles

welcome.png Click to view attachment
930cabman
QUOTE(burton73 @ Jul 22 2021, 09:57 AM) *

We have a number of 914 brothers in the Los Angeles area. Wouldn’t it be great to find a local car? From the SoCal Cal area. I bought the one in my avatar 18 months ago, just to get it into inventory One owner 1975 blue plate car with Paperwork back from year one. Repaint from 18 years ago. Great to look at older repaint because any rust or bad body work would have shown up.

Verry sweet ride Bob
Stef914
Thank you so much everyone for your nice welcome . I've already learned a lot and I'm hoping to be able to find something decent within my budget sometime soon .

Thank you all again for sharing all those materials,
Stefano
dax1969
QUOTE(burton73 @ Jul 22 2021, 05:57 PM) *

If this car is within your budget and you like it then buy it. Bob is (one of) the most helpful and straightforward guys you can find. Bought a 911 and a 914 from him a couple of years ago...and I am on the other side of the ocean !!

Good luck with your search

Dax
Stef914
Thanks Dax,

I just reached out to Bob...
burton73
Thanks for the kind words Dax,

Stef914 I just got your message and as you are in Los Angeles my 75 should be a good fit.
I got it from a middle man from the original owner in the south bay with every recite from day one and from the different Porsche shops that some are not there anymore. Car was painted 18 years ago and it looks great. I can find no rust anywhere on this car. Great if you can find a car with an aged paint job so you can see if any body work shows up bad. This car is so nice that I had to buy it and put it away from the start of Covid-19 till now. Always a garage kept in Southern California original blue-plate car in fantastic condition

Bob B. Number 41 is getting close

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
DTMLGND
QUOTE(burton73 @ Aug 11 2021, 09:38 AM) *

Stef914 I just got your message and as you are in Los Angeles my 75 should be a good fit.
I got it from a middle man from the original owner in the south bay with every recite from day one and from the different Porsche shops that some are not there anymore. Car was painted 18 years ago and it looks great. I can find no rust anywhere on this car. Great if you can find a car with an aged paint job so you can see if any body work shows up bad. This car is so nice that I had to buy it and put it away from the start of Covid-19 till now. Always a garage kept in Southern California original blue-plate car in fantastic condition

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Wow drooley.gif ! What a beauty Bob. I hope Stef914 pulls the trigger on it. I'm soon to be new to the Oxnard/Camarillo Area and hope to hang out with like-minded Porsche peeps. I don't get enough drive time in my project, let alone time to work on it, but hope to in the coming years. Too many toys rolleyes.gif
burton73
QUOTE(DTMLGND @ Aug 11 2021, 03:24 PM) *

QUOTE(burton73 @ Aug 11 2021, 09:38 AM) *

Wow drooley.gif ! What a beauty Bob. I hope Stef914 pulls the trigger on it. I'm soon to be new to the Oxnard/Camarillo Area and hope to hang out with like-minded Porsche peeps. I don't get enough drive time in my project, let alone time to work on it, but hope to in the coming years. Too many toys rolleyes.gif

More photosClick to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=803
898]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.