Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Monterey Historic Races – Premier Trackside Camping Spot
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
MM1
Hello 'Teeners

This year I have for rent one Lower Terrace Premier Camping E-5 camping spot near the apex of Turn 10 at Laguna-Seca Raceway for the Monterey Historic Races (now called “the Rolex Reunion” at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna-Seca).

This spot is one of the best views of the track and is a great camping spot to boot.
Bring your chairs, umbrellas, RV or tent and enjoy overnight camping from 10am Wed 8/10/21 to 12pm Monday 8/16/21 . . .or enjoy the sights and sounds from your own trackside sanctuary daily while you spend your nights in Monterey/Carmel at your hotel/air bnb/vrbo.

Facility map:

https://www.co.monterey.ca.us/home/showpubl...588358185730000

Premier Event Camping Guide:
https://www.co.monterey.ca.us/government/go...r-event-camping

Camping Map and rules:

https://www.co.monterey.ca.us/home/showpubl...290263397170000

Rules include quiet time 10pm to 7am, no drilling for tent stakes . . .and, obviously, being courteous to your (my longtime) camping neighbors.

I paid $400 for the spot (works out to less than$60/day! - I encourage you to price a hotel if you can find one for this event) during the dates listed above – so can you . . .1 Camping pass for this location, 1 RV pass and 1 vehicle pass (provided at the gate if you have a tow/extra vehicle for driving throughout the peninsula) are included. I will consider partial trade for a ride in a 914 to the Werks Reunion (and admission) and/or to any of the events on the peninsula during 2021 Car week.

*Please note-an event pass is not included . . .I only have one for myself.

PM if interested.

I believe the 914 will be celebrated at the Werks Reunion (can't confirm - read that on a thread here) . . .hopefully we can belatedly celebrate the 50 Year Anniversary of the 914 that covid prevented . . .

Below are some very low-res screenshots (mostly) of videos I shot in 2019 from this very campsite:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Below is not this campsite for rent, but my old one roughly 30-40 yards closer to Turn 11 for size reference- this pic shows approximately 3/4 of the size of the average campsite in this Premier Trackside area

Click to view attachment

Shots from the paddock
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

rcarson25
I miss this event so much. I went every year for a 10 plus year stint and camped just a little bit further down the straight between 10 and 11. I can vouch this is a great spot to experience a great event. If you haven't been and have the opportunity take it! You can't beat the sites and sounds of vintage race cars while enjoying your morning coffee.
MM1
QUOTE(rcarson25 @ Jul 23 2021, 01:17 PM) *

I miss this event so much. I went every year for a 10 plus year stint and camped just a little bit further down the straight between 10 and 11. I can vouch this is a great spot to experience a great event. If you haven't been and have the opportunity take it! You can't beat the sites and sounds of vintage race cars while enjoying your morning coffee.

Agreed - one of the best automotive/aural experiences in life . . .

My old camping spot shown above (not the one for rent at Turn 10) was near 11 like yours - that was the best spot on the track to hear downshifts - sometimes possibly into 1st gear.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.