Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another Outer Limits Car $96.5 K
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
This has got to be another one of those " I hope I can pull this off" cars. Click to open.
sixnotfour
easy link
https://www.ebay.com/itm/304077001615?hash=...7YAAOSwqXtg-bwr
FlacaProductions
Wow - looks completely original from what I can see. I've never seen one this unmolested. The number is pie in the sky but it'll be worth a lot to the right person. $75k?

I wonder what that dealer paid or if it's consignment...the pic in the listing of her standing there as it's loaded on the trailer makes me a little sad and it's a little disrespectful to refer to her as an "old lady" - true or not.
wonkipop
yes i saw that one.
it is honestly original. incredible condition. is that the clear wax original undercoating still on the underside? blink.gif

detail pics on hemmings.
i think "the little old lady" that owns/owned it is in the photos.
i think she looks very cool. def a bit disrespectful.

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer...gid=1&pid=2

interesting detail in the original paperwork.
looks like she ordered it with alloys.
but its fitted with steelies.
you can see she paid a lesser price on the invoice compared to the order.
the charge for alloys was $265.00 on order but appears she got a $90.00 discount on total price on invoice with no mention of alloys.
pretty expensive set of exchange steelies?
dealers hey!

she must never have driven it in winter. its originally from iowa/illinois.

her interior light is a dead split for the one i had back in 89.
cracked down the middle with a little dip where it slightly melted at the top.
pretty funny.

Shivers
"A woman who said her 10-year-old grilled cheese sandwich bore the image of the Virgin Mary will be getting a lot more bread after the item sold for $28,000 on eBay."

It is very nice, and may end up someone's '10-year-old grilled cheese sandwich'.
Root_Werks
Wound love to see a 914 of that condition in person. Closest I've come is one with 33k or so miles on it.

Very cool to know there are still some super low mile survivors out there.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
would be pretty terrific if it sold for that much.
Cairo94507
Beautiful car and true testament to this woman who obviously loved her car. I hope she got a great price for it and was not taken advantage of by the dealer. beerchug.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jul 23 2021, 07:38 AM) *

would be pretty terrific if it sold for that much.

…said another dealer. shades.gif
MCShack
And that dealer laughed all the way to the bank after giving her $3,000 for that old heap. He will probably send her a bill for shipping too. Just kidding, I'm sure they gave her a very, very good price right out of their black book for auctioning a 50-year old car. evilgrin.gif
914_7T3
Ok, so I have always heard that they were never perfect from the factory. After looking at the pics and seeing the gaps on this one, I would beg to differ. shades.gif

It might just be worth it to the right buyer! Luckily that's not me!

first.gif
wonkipop
had another look at photos - maybe odometer broke?
doesn't matter......still a very low mileage car.

thought headlight surrounds went to black in 74 model.
....they go black about same time as plastic door sill plate in 73?

sapphire radios were an $$$$$ option!

glad i acted 30+ years ago when something like that was a 5-6K car.
still got laughed at for paying too much!

interesting to look in detail at how the dealers were kitting up the standard 914s off the lot in 73 compared to 74. brings back memories of car hunting in late 80s. the 74s i was finding all seemed to be kitted up with sway bars standard. they weren't doing that in 73 - this car hasn't got them. i remember that now. things that steered me towards a 74 after i gave up trying to by a decent 73/74 2.0 L. i can remember wandering into a workshop just north of lincoln park i think it was. full of 914s and vws getting serviced. the mechanic gave me some time and "educated" me. he advised me to focus in on 74 1.8s when everybody else was giving them the thumbs down. back in the late 80s there was a bit of price surge on 914s but it didn't last after the recession.......
porschetub
agree.gif 75K would be the max,typical dealer ad no mention of documented mileage or service history considering the asking price.
Cars like to be used so it makes me wonder what has been done to keep it in driving condition ,end of the day its overpriced IMO.
raynekat
To me it's not such a stretch to get this kind of money.

Honestly, this is a "one of a kind" car.
One owner and only 13k miles. Wow!
Paint thickness all the same.
You will simply never see one so original and in such great condition.
Impossible to replicate "original" no matter how well a restoration is done and how much money is thrown at it.
It's amazing.
The sky is the limit and definitely worth the asking price.
StarBear
Maybe, but something doesn’t jive. At 13k miles over 50 years that’s about 20 miles a month, which is barely collectors car mileage to keep the fluids and systems functioning. Yet, she doesn’t appear to have it in a collectors garage and such. Maybe...... confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.