Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: seat belt esoteric question.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wonkipop
been occupying myself with things to do in latest round of aussie panic lockdowns.

did i get this right?

many years ago converting the car to rhd the seatbelts had to be removed in a last minute rush to satisfy registration authorities in aus. seatbelts had to have "approved for australia" tag on them. this was achieved by temporarily fitting stand ins and the original seatbelts kept and reinstalled after registration.

but....the plastic covers over upper bracket supports got lost. sad.gif
i've been meaning to chase them down ever since.
i finally got around to it after the adapted covers i had on fell off one last time sh$ting me to tears.

i had a memory of a snap cover with audi circles on it.

i found these and installed. i don't remember a vw badge being on it but - its a long time ago and its not like there are any cars around here to reference this level of stoopidty.

its a 74.
bdstone914
I have seen different markings on the covers. Sometimes none. I am sure they used them on different models too.
StarBear
Here are mine. 74 1.8L; original. As usual, they probably just took them from whatever bin was most easily accessible or in the stockroom at the time.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
beerchug.gif
914werke
I have a pic somewhere of at least 4 variatons of those covers found on the 914s over the model run
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.