Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any suggestions on how to fix my uneven headlights?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dominic
My headlight motors appear to function normally, but the right one stops short of going to the full up position. I can manually turn the screw on the back to get them even, but it wont go full up on it's own. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dominic
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Dominic @ Jul 25 2021, 04:19 PM) *

My headlight motors appear to function normally, but the right one stops short of going to the full up position. I can manually turn the screw on the back to get them even, but it wont go full up on it's own. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dominic

1. Loosen the headlight stop screw so it won't contact the stop.
2. Turn the headlights on and remove the relay so they stay up.
3. Remove the arm from the motor and reposition it so the arm is at maximum extension.
4. Adjust the stop screw so it makes contact with the headlight stop.

Clay
Dominic
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jul 26 2021, 06:16 AM) *

QUOTE(Dominic @ Jul 25 2021, 04:19 PM) *

Thanks,
Dominic

1. Loosen the headlight stop screw so it won't contact the stop.
2. Turn the headlights on and remove the relay so they stay up.
3. Remove the arm from the motor and reposition it so the arm is at maximum extension.
4. Adjust the stop screw so it makes contact with the headlight stop.

Clay

Thanks Clay, I will try that!
Gatornapper
SirAndy nailed it when I asked the same question....

See here:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=2932436

GN
VaccaRabite
CLay likely go it in 1. But, I found when I had to do this that the control arms from the motor to the headlights were out of alignment slightly, and I had to tweak them by moving the fulcrum a tooth or two at the motor.

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.