Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help with 1976 2.0 instrument cluster
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tabwb
Hello all - first post here so will try to be brief. I finally got around to working on my 1976 2.0 914 that I purchased many years ago. As I got further into the resurrection, I began to notice that the car was a "Frankenstein" - engine not original, mismatched parts, etc. I'm at the point where I'm quite sure the dash instruments are not original (no surprise there). Can anyone post/send me a pic of the dash instruments (fuel/speedo/tach, etc.) that were stock on the 1976 914 2.0l engine? Any help at all will be greatly appreciated. Thanks much.
Coondog
So you don’t have google images New Jersey….. poke.gif poke.gif poke.gif poke.gif

75-76 should be the same, you will find that Calif 914s came with a EGR light.
914Sixer
Just this time
Bleyseng
You should note also that the gauge holder was black plastic and not metal.
tabwb
QUOTE(Coondog @ Jul 26 2021, 09:55 AM) *

So you don’t have google images New Jersey….. poke.gif poke.gif poke.gif poke.gif

75-76 should be the same, you will find that Calif 914s came with a EGR light.

I suppose we do (have google images in NJ) but damn if I can find them. Thanks for the info.
tabwb
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jul 26 2021, 10:00 AM) *

Just this time

Much appreciated! Looks like my tach was replaced somewhere along the line...
tabwb
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jul 27 2021, 12:54 PM) *

You should note also that the gauge holder was black plastic and not metal.

Another welcomed tidbit of info - thanks!
barefoot
A non appearance group car would have an oil temp section above the fuel gauge rather than the blank shown
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.