Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pushing the Outer Limits
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JeffBowlsby
At least they will entertain offers...

A stunning example. Would have liked to see some undercarriage and engine bay/trunks shots.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/384285740902?hash=...HQAAOSwlUxg7Tas
Shivers
Looks nice but like you say, no money shots.
bkrantz
Looks like a true time capsule. Let's see if it sells at that price.
mepstein
I always thought our cars were bargains at $5-10K and even at 20, I think they hold their own. At 100K I’m no longer interested.
rjames
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 26 2021, 07:50 PM) *

I always thought our cars were bargains at $5-10K and even at 20, I think they hold their own. At 100K I’m no longer interested.

agree.gif If I had $100k I had to burn on a car, a 914 wouldn't be on the list- especially a 4 cyl.
burlybryan
Then this one's an even bigger "bargain". One owner, 13K miles.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/304077001615?hash=...7YAAOSwqXtg-bwr
gereed75
Wow. There might be cleaner more original lower mileage cars out there somewhere but this one has to be in the top 10. I wonder what they paid “the old lady” for it!?!?
MCShack
QUOTE(gereed75 @ Jul 27 2021, 01:43 PM) *

Wow. There might be cleaner more original lower mileage cars out there somewhere but this one has to be in the top 10. I wonder what they paid “the old lady” for it!?!?

Not what they should have paid her you can bet, but I'm sure she is happy, just not as happy as the buyers. I don't see it bringing $96.5k on eBay, or Bat or P-Car, B-J or Mecum or whatever auction. I don't believe a plain old every day 914/4 has ever brought that at public auction and I doubt it at private sales even more.
wonkipop
QUOTE(rjames @ Jul 27 2021, 09:17 AM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 26 2021, 07:50 PM) *

agree.gif If I had $100k I had to burn on a car, a 914 wouldn't be on the list- especially a 4 cyl.

yep.

---

a worry is spare parts escalation.
but so far so good - keeping me interested.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.