Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Tank Fiber Washers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
AvalonFal
Anyone know the thickness of the Fuel Tank Supply/Return Pipes Fiber Washers?? 1/32"??, 1/16"??

Paul
Don914
QUOTE(AvalonFal @ Jul 26 2021, 01:51 PM) *

Anyone know the thickness of the Fuel Tank Supply/Return Pipes Fiber Washers?? 1/32"??, 1/16"??

Paul

I'm about to put my tank back in. I put the fittings back on with new metal washers and fuel sock (AA). I put on a few inches of hose, clamped them off, put in a quart of gas and waited a few days. They both did weep a bit of gas. I am going to remove them, make sure the end surfaces of the fittings are clean and put it back together and use:
"HYLOMAR Gasket Sealant 100g Tube Blue". It is a non setting gasket sealer. I think I saw the idea on this forum. I'll let you know if it works. Ordered it on Amazon, expected Aug 1st! Do you have a source for the fiber washers? Thanks.
jrmdir
This: https://www.harborfreight.com/141-piece-was...ment-67552.html

I happened across this when in line to check out. It just happens to have exactly two fiber washers that match the tank fittings. For four bucks I decided all the other pieces were a bonus.

I smeared both sides with a light coat of hylomar and have not seen any seepage in more than 6 weeks.

One more thing. I did not mark which way the angled sections of the tubes were pointing and it does make a difference how the hoses are routed. I'm sure mine are pointed the wrong way but I made it work. Did not want to loosen and rotate for fear of needing another trip to HF smile.gif

EDIT - not sure but it might have been this pack instead: https://www.harborfreight.com/54-piece-wash...ment-67667.html

Ron
AvalonFal

Local Home Depot has various size fiber washers, but they are only 1/32" thick.

Paul
IronHillRestorations
I have used aluminum sealing washers
iankarr
QUOTE(jrmdir @ Jul 26 2021, 04:35 PM) *

One more thing. I did not mark which way the angled sections of the tubes were pointing and it does make a difference how the hoses are routed. I'm sure mine are pointed the wrong way but I made it work. Did not want to loosen and rotate for fear of needing another trip to HF smile.gif

On the 3 914s I’ve owned, the pipes have been oriented to about the 2 o’clock position, as if you were viewing from the top down. Or put anothe or way, pointing to the middle of the dash.Others can chime in to confirm…
rhodyguy
See if Rotary914 (member vendor) has any of them. Buy a couple of sets. They keep.
jrmdir

[/quote]

On the 3 914s I’ve owned, the pipes have been oriented to about the 2 o’clock position, as if you were viewing from the top down. Or put anothe or way, pointing to the middle of the dash.Others can chime in to confirm…
[/quote]

Thanks for this. I think mine are completely opposite @ 7 o'clock! I had to loop long hoses to keep from crimping. Will definitely fix when I redo everything with SS lines.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.