Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Very nice 914/2L
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
porschenstock
No affiliation

But very nice piece of 914/2L

http://carparcusa.com/1973-porsche-914-2-0/
akp2002
WOW!
This might be the cleanest original 914 I have ever seen in a beautiful color.
rjames
Ice green metallic is such a great color.
mepstein
The description is not quite accurate. I had an ice green parts car. It’s cut up but I still have the engine lid with original paint.

Ross drove his Suby gar into the green one and damaged the fender. Not a big hit but more than a scratch.

Pretty car but the story always changes after a couple sales.
drem914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 27 2021, 08:24 AM) *

The description is not quite accurate. I had an ice green parts car. It’s cut up but I still have the engine lid with original paint.

Ross drove his Suby gar into the green one and damaged the fender. Not a big hit but more than a scratch.

Are these both the same car?
mepstein
QUOTE(drem914 @ Jul 27 2021, 11:46 AM) *

Are these both the same car?

Yes
mrholland2
In the VIN database from ~August 2018

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...mp;viewid=18791

Cairo94507
Still, that is a very nicely restored/preserved car. Typical dealer language, "scratch" turns out to be a moderate hit to the fender. Despite that, the asking price is not that bad to begin with. beerchug.gif
914Next
QUOTE(akp2002 @ Jul 27 2021, 09:30 AM) *

WOW!

It is a nice car and perhaps you didn't mean your comments in the literal sense but this car is far from original. It's what appears to be a very nicely restored car. As such, $70k seems a high price. Color is great....love it. I'd struggle to pay over $42500 for it but that's just me. Other buyers likely out there at a higher bid.
mepstein
QUOTE(914Next @ Jul 27 2021, 06:11 PM) *

WOW!

It is a nice car and perhaps you didn't mean your comments in the literal sense but this car is far from original. It's what appears to be a very nicely restored car. As such, $70k seems a high price. Color is great....love it. I'd struggle to pay over $42500 for it but that's just me. Other buyers likely out there at a higher bid.

Steve - did you keep your car? @914next
porschenstock
You don't miss a thing which is good about that forum !!
I also think than 70K$ is a lot of money but fully restoring a car isn't cheap, I never ever got< all my money back when coming to sell the car, saying that I think than I would pay 55/60K for this one.
akp2002
I agree, I learn so much on this site and really enjoy it. I just don't know how people can buy cars sight unseen like BaT.
mepstein
QUOTE(akp2002 @ Jul 28 2021, 11:00 AM) *

I agree, I learn so much on this site and really enjoy it. I just don't know how people can buy cars sight unseen like BaT.

Sometimes they are lucky, sometimes they aren’t. BAT has a very good contract absolving them of any liability. Same with eBay, etc.

mrholland2

"'twas only a scratch. . just a flesh wound"
914Next
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 27 2021, 05:39 PM) *

QUOTE(914Next @ Jul 27 2021, 06:11 PM) *

WOW!

Steve - did you keep your car? @914next

Hey mark. Must have missed this originally. Yes I kept it. Shipped it to Wisconsin where I have family and we spend a few months each year up there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.