Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seat cover for dogs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bbrock
I know there was another thread on this but search just turns up threads about re-upholstery kits. I want to train the littler feller pictured below to ride in the go-kart. His nickname is "the wrecking ball" and I'd prefer he not tear up my pristine re-upholstered seats so looking for a decent fitting slip cover tough enough to resist the petite little paws of a 130 lb. wisp of a puppy. Our first malamute LOVED riding in this car. Our last one that we lost during the resto would have been the perfect 914 companion. This one is going to be a bit of a challenge.

Click to view attachment
mepstein
I would make a pattern, pick the material and sew it up or send it out to get it sewn. Maybe buy a used sailboat sail for the material. You probably need to line it so it doesn’t scuff your vinyl. Or find some used seats.

I had a Samoyed in college and he loved to ride in the 914. Fur was everywhere but I didn’t care back then.

mepstein
I would make a pattern, pick the material and sew it up or send it out to get it sewn. Maybe buy a used sailboat sail for the material. You probably need to line it so it doesn’t scuff your vinyl. Or find some used seats.

I had a Samoyed in college and he loved to ride in the 914. Fur was everywhere but I didn’t care back then.

Back then and now I always make my dogs wear a harness so they don’t crash through the window.
930cabman
The wrecking ball is no small lad, have you considered an F150 or even an F350 for carting the puppy?
infraredcalvin
Dogs and 914s go together like chips and salsa. I’ve always let my guys ride in my Pcars, yes the hair gets everywhere, but they are great driving companions.

I used to have some wet okole knockoffs picked up at pep boys that were great dog seat covers. Used to take them to dog beach, all of us would be wet and sandy. Protected seats and they fit tight to the seat so they didn’t stand out much.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.