Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: outside mirrors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Speedo
Just spoke with someone at 914 Rubber about the mirror switch. I was told early was up to 71 and later was 72 -on. My 70 six has no mirrors so I guess early. My son's 72 has one early mirror on it, but it may very well not be correct. Were the 72 cars definitely early, a mix and match, or definitely late?
mepstein
I always thought they were early but I have no facts to back it up.
What inside mirror does your son have? Early or late?
roblav1
All the 72 cars we owned had wide interior mirrors and the newer style exterior mirrors.
GaroldShaffer
Early build date 72 would have the early style outside mirror. Don't know the exact month when changed to the late style, but my experience with all the parts cars I have had over the years anything after April build date was late style. With that being said this just my experience.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
the interior and exterior mirror change happened, like Garold said, in 72 model year cars. The exterior mirror was made longer and shorter and the interior mirror higher, but stayed the same width. The exterior mirror also had a more rounded arm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.