Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Source for intake/exhaust valves
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
930cabman
$115.00 for one intake valve?

Can anyone assist with a source for new valves and guides for 2.0/4 heads? Is it possible new heads are the answer?

Thank you
Literati914
Here's an option:

http://www.europeanmotorworks.com/vw/type-4-valves.html

dr914@autoatlanta.com
no way, they are very inexpensive these days, plenty of cheap but good quality on the shelf

QUOTE(930cabman @ Jul 28 2021, 07:46 AM) *

$115.00 for one intake valve?

Can anyone assist with a source for new valves and guides for 2.0/4 heads? Is it possible new heads are the answer?

Thank you

930cabman
QUOTE(Literati914 @ Jul 28 2021, 09:48 AM) *

Thank you, I was on their site, but was not using the "valvetrain" section. This does not come up under "cylinder head"
BillJ
With the age of the newest head that came with the cars at least 45 years old owners are definitely facing a key decision on replacing with new. I am super glad they are available and when I need to do any substantial work on them in the future will likely just go with a new set.
barefoot
NEVER re-use 50 yr old sodium filled exhaust valves, they're likely corroded and prone to failure. This is what happened when i was dis-assembling my heads, just rapped the valve stems lightly to insure thy weren't stuck. one stem popped out as the head are off !
I couldn't find a source for new sodium filled valves, so went with SS versions, cheap insurance.
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.