Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Favorite Engine Rebuild Books?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Site
I've just purchased my first 914 - a '71 with a 2.0 swap. I want to restore the car and rebuild the engine adding some slight performance mods.

This is my first time working with a non-inline cylinder engine. Would some of you recommend to me your favorite reference books on 914 engine rebuilding?
Brad Roberts
Welcome to the BBS !!

Several good 914 people in your state...

Honestly.. I dont really know of a good book other than the "Haynes" manual for Type4 engine building.

B
Mockmaw
I've been very happy with Tom Wilson's How To Rebuild Your Air-Cooled Volkswagon Engine. It's been a great resource, but don't expect it to answer every question you've ever had about the Type IV.. especially given that it was written.. uhh.. quite awhile ago. That being said, it has good information about stock rebuilds but virtually nothing about 'performance modifications'.
TheCabinetmaker
I too use the Tom Wilson book for reference
Aaron Cox
me too. haynes is really good too. try how to hot rod your volkswagen engine confused24.gif
rhodyguy
you might see if the bug-me video, t-4 engine rebuild w/ jake raby is still available. it must be better than "installation is the reverse of removal".

kevin
Site
Thank you all for your replies! I'll be sure to order Tim Wilson's book. I already have the Haynes manual. Does anyone know if Jake Raby's video is still available?
tahoward
Welcome aboard! These guys can help you do anything to your teener. I'm in Middletown, but alas I'm a novice to these cars. I have learned a lot and am willing to help you out on any projects. Good luck, Terry MDB2.gif
URY914
Jake's video can be ordered from bugmevideo.com or 1-800-662-0071.

It get two thumbs up from me.

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.