Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Electricity makes no sense - Headlights?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
torakki
I've been trying to get my headlights to work for a while, now. I can't find anything wrong, other than they don't turn on. It's nothing to do with them poping up or corner markers, blinkers, just the headlights. I like to explain with photos so here it is. The number 1. wire is from the ignition switch, to the relay and has 12 volts. The number 2. wire goes directly to the right headlight (bypassing the relay and fuse). If I connect the number 1. wire to the number 2. wire, bypassing the relay and fuse, the lights don't work. If I connect my power pack directly to the number 2. wire, the lights work. I'm not the best electrician in the world but what am I missing? Thanks for any sugestions.

Click to view attachment
ClayPerrine
What you are showing there is that there is no power to the headlight relay. That relay is a latching relay that switches between low and high beams. Yellow is low beams and white is high beams.

The red with a white tracer is the power from the headlight switch to the headlight relay. If it is not getting power check the headlight switch.

If you give me a model year, I can be more specific on what to check.

Clay
jrmdir
Just a thought. Where is the ground that your other meter probe is touching and where do you ground your power pack?

No reason to think they wouldn't be connected but try seeing if you still have 12v with the meter grounded the same as the pack.

Along the same lines, keep the meter + lead on wire #1 while you touch it to wire #2 and see if your 12v stays or drops.

Ron
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.