Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Printable Parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Highland
Just thought I'd share some parts I printed. I used PLA+ which I know will not hold up in a daily driver situation, but hoping it'll last a reasonable amount of time for my 914 joy riding. I was thinking of spraying it with bedliner to try to better match the texture, but then didn't want to buy a can for 2 small parts and personally don't really mind the print texture.

The targa latch covers are made to be assembled onto an installed reproduction targa bar pad and is clipped under the frame tab and targa roof support. I haven't tested it at speed yet, but I'm hoping its jammed in there tight enough. unsure.gif

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

76-914
Looks good. Maybe you should sell the pattern to Mark/914rubber. beerchug.gif
Dion
Well done! beerchug.gif
windforfun
QUOTE(Highland @ Jul 28 2021, 02:59 PM) *

Just thought I'd share some parts I printed. I used PLA+ which I know will not hold up in a daily driver situation, but hoping it'll last a reasonable amount of time for my 914 joy riding. I was thinking of spraying it with bedliner to try to better match the texture, but then didn't want to buy a can for 2 small parts and personally don't really mind the print texture.

The targa latch covers are made to be assembled onto an installed reproduction targa bar pad and is clipped under the frame tab and targa roof support. I haven't tested it at speed yet, but I'm hoping its jammed in there tight enough. unsure.gif

Excellent!!!

"The targa latch covers are made to be assembled onto an installed reproduction targa bar pad and is clipped under the frame tab and targa roof support. I haven't tested it at speed yet, but I'm hoping its jammed in there tight enough."

I was able to do an analogous thing with the factory latch covers into a roll bar cover from AA. Very snug fit & therefore no screws were necessary. Good to go at speed & vibration too.
Mikey914
We are actually using this technology to prototype our ne latch covers. We have been through about 6 iterations. The last one I screwed up on and flipped them, but the "correct" parts will be ready Monday.
Interestingly enough we have put a taper on the end as you have, we have also changed a few other dimensions for better fitment.
Mikey914
My booboo This one is flipped upside down and backwards. I'll post up pics Monday of the correct one, but it's handy to prototype before production. By the way this is what happens after you fly the red eye in from Maui, to Seattle, and drive to PDX before you start working on it. I had the will, but the brain was obviously fast asleep...

It did at least prove the concept, but there is some final tweaking we will do before we make the tooling.

We will be producing these in metal and giving these to all that have bought our roll bar pads. Should be about 4 weeks from now.

I do really like the delete plate with magnets.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.